French Guianan Red And Black Curtain Wed Spider

Josh Mulhern

Arachnopeon
There isn't a latin name listed for this spider and I can't find much information on them just based on the name given by the website.

Can anyone tell me also what is known about this species? Lifespan, size, venom?

Thanks!

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s a Harmonicon sp.

They are a fairly large species of Diplurid. Despite keeping them, I don't know what the venom or lifepan is like exactly. They are not medically significant though, and the lifespan is probably over 5 years for females.

Josh Mulhern

Arachnopeon
It’s a Harmonicon sp.

They are a fairly large species of Diplurid. Despite keeping them, I don't know what the venom or lifepan is like exactly. They are not medically significant though, and the lifespan is probably over 5 years for females.
Thanks! I saw one in a video a while back and it creeped me out, but now that I'm getting more into spiders I want one haha.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I would say their lifespan is more close to 10+ years, havnt kept them but this is a large primitive spider we are talking about.

Im pretty sure in general (please don't quote me on this) most Diplurids lack strong venom, but it would still be a painful bite as far as im aware. They are pretty easy to keep, but you need to keep a regular watch on the substrate moisture. Ill readily admit ive lost a few of my curtain webs over the years from gettinf complacent and letting the sub stay dry for too long. Make sure that you actually pour water into the substrate and not merely spray it.

Curtain webs are usually deep burrowers, often times a few inches of sub is all thats needed if you provide enough hides and anchor points

Dogzilla

Arachnopeon
On this species on curtain wed spider I think there’s not a lot of info on there venom the species on this spider hasn’t been studied (I think)But again I’m not sure I think there venom isn’t deadly but I’m sure it can give nasty bite