Freezing superworms

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Adult males are great for larger T's. They're very active and don't borrow
Yeah, though I only have 4 right now that can feed on an adult male dubia. The rest get something smaller and most of them will dig given the chance.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah, though I only have 4 right now that can feed on an adult male dubia. The rest get something smaller and most of them will dig given the chance.
Definitely. They're swines for that.

Pana Lemontzis

Arachnopeon
Use mealworms, not superworms. Mealworms are a far far better choice....plus they can be kept in the fridge for many months. Save the superworm feedings till the spiders are over 3".
Do u know if mealworms can be kept in the freezer(below 0)? Or just in the fridge?

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
I did run into a situation a while ago where I was feeding cut up bugs to my slings and always ended up with extra pieces. I just gave those pieces to another pet that eats a lot (gecko, then velvet worms). I'm not saying you should get another pet but...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I did run into a situation a while ago where I was feeding cut up bugs to my slings and always ended up with extra pieces. I just gave those pieces to another pet that eats a lot (gecko, then velvet worms). I'm not saying you should get another pet but...
Must be nice to have geckos .
Do u know if mealworms can be kept in the freezer(below 0)? Or just in the fridge?
Nothing survives 0 degrees that we feed inverts. I’ve heard of snake people freezing 🥶 mice though .

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Don't freeze as stated earlier in this thread it takes the nutrition out of them plus I should imagine because they are mostly goop they would burst once frozen as all liquid expands when frozen. You could always look for mini meal worms they have worms tiny enough for any sling idk if they are available over the water but here in the uk most t food shops sell them even my 4mm chilensis will take one of these worms but runs from n won't take a fruit fly . They are a great food for slings I crush its head have tiny tongs specially for the tiny worms n tiny slings and not 1 t has ever refused them even when they don't come over instantly the worm is always taken within 30 mins . I don't even keep mine in the fridge they live with my t's on the side in their own viv/ tote I have 70+ t's n only have to buy in t food once every 3 months for the ones on worms that is, big t's are on locust but again they get their own viv ect better you keep your spood food the better quality it will be for your t imo.