Free Tarantulas!!!!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I got one for free but I'm not giving this away. This is a picture of my newest family member enjoy! (thanks By-Tor!!!) :

I'm not here to have this guy sexed but if anyone wants to try to sex it from this regular picture I'm up for guesses.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thai zebra(haplopelma albostriatum)? the pics are a tad blurry,a very nice chunko ya got there:)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thai zebra(haplopelma albostriatum)? the pics are a tad blurry,a very nice chunko ya got there:)
yea, is an h. albostriatum and maybe is a female 'cause the male is darker & has a small abdomen and that one has a pretty big ass. :D

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes it's an H. albostriatum
i know it's fat, but seriously it didn't eat for about 2 months till 2 weeks ago when i tried feeding it again and two crickets disappeared

I'm going to miss that pet hole....:(
at least s/he's in good hands....evil college{D

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Gorgeous T's! I'll be lookin for a male for my girl once she's moulted :D

Here's a pic of my girl: :D

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New pictures

Here are new pictures of my thai zebra(haplopelma albostriatum) one is the spider its self and another is the picture of the burrow it made. You can't really see the burrow from the angle of the picture because of the angle he made the burrow at. But it goes downward into the back left corner of the enclosure.

I thought haplos rarely came out? This one seems to be out basically all the time. Could it be my humidity? Is it hungry? but I doubt it will be hungry because of its huge abdomen.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My haplo albostriatum burrowed, then was out and about all the time, webbing herself into the top corner of her tank. She wasn't happy.
So i took her out, put 10" of substrate in, put a massive bit of cork bark in and put her back in. Now she has burrowed right to the bottom of the substrate and i rarely see her.
How deep is your substrate in her tank? and what substrate are you using?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My haplo albostriatum burrowed, then was out and about all the time, webbing herself into the top corner of her tank. She wasn't happy.
So i took her out, put 10" of substrate in, put a massive bit of cork bark in and put her back in. Now she has burrowed right to the bottom of the substrate and i rarely see her.
How deep is your substrate in her tank? and what substrate are you using?
peat moss and I have no idea how deeper it is.. but its enough for her to dig down deep and cover her whole body if she covered the whole up but I'll add more

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My girl is 4" and this is her setup:

10" of substrate, a hide and an open water bowl. She's burrowed right to the bottom in the back corner and along the side. She's happy :D