Freak heat wave

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
So this is why I hate the summer. it's currently 94 degrees Fahrenheit here in wonderful Washington, with the temperature in my room rising as well. The temp gauge in my T's tank is rising as well, it's almost 89 in there. I am quite worried about the heat. It also finished molting the night before, so I am worried about extra stress put on by the fact it's so fragile. Is there anything I can do to keep it cooler? Or should I not be as worried as I am?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe a fan to get the air moving around the room. But other then that just wait it out. We open the windows at night and close them up first thing in the morning and things have stayed mild and we are a bit south with 100+ degree weather.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha i wish we had those temps..........always 100 plus during the summers.:wall:

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
It is insane! I know my emp won't mind a bit but my G. Aureostriata might. I just remembered though I left my door open to circulate the cool air through the house, but I closed my door so my room kinda went up. The Northwest is getting screwed over with this weather, and this place has no air conditioning.

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon
The heat is terrible and frustrating. My singapore blue sling won't be shipped (with guaranteed alive on arrival) until the temperature drops to the 80s and it may not let up for weeks. :(

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Was 100 here yesterday and rained this morning for first time in a long time. 75 and cool breeze for next 5 days!

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Over here in OK it's quite the opposite of a typical summer. Last year was one of the worst droughts in years with temps consistently 100+ F between June and Sept. This year it has rained basically every other day for like 45 days and we haven't had a day over 90 yet in these parts. The rain's great for washing out Aphonopelmas in the area.

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
Haha man you're lucky. Our weather is truly betraying the nickname "Rain City". I'm just using an ice pack to drop the temperature in the enclosure.

It'll end up being hotter than this in Sept. as it always is here.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i hit the AC in my house and my room cools down to 75 F. perfect T weather! but that's SoCal for you.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i live in calif and and i hear ya 100's to 90's and finally to 80's next week and hopefully all goes well with another try in T shipment and to order others as this is a window i need to take.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So this is why I hate the summer. it's currently 94 degrees Fahrenheit here in wonderful Washington, with the temperature in my room rising as well. The temp gauge in my T's tank is rising as well, it's almost 89 in there. I am quite worried about the heat. It also finished molting the night before, so I am worried about extra stress put on by the fact it's so fragile. Is there anything I can do to keep it cooler? Or should I not be as worried as I am?
You would think that living this far north we wouldn't get this kinda heat. I feel your pain. But then again it was in the high 90's in Fairbanks Alaska during the mid summer too!

Get that AC going and curse the sky orb.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the heat is ridiculous right now, over the last couples weeks it hasn't been unusual to hit temperatures that would easily top 100+ degrees fahernheit. 90+ on a daily basis for some time now. It's got me worried too...

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you guys on the west coast are having the usual central texas summer heat while we are having some real nice weather over here except for the floods

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heat wave just broke here in Ontario. If you think people get miserable in this humidity (humidex over 100 here in Hamilton) you should meet some of my "T"s. My A.Seemanni usually about as active as a pet rock is now jumping to a threat posture when I come anywhere nere her. I cant keep her water dish full because she burries it right away. Even more concerning is she has learned to flip the bird.
Jason

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
Heat wave just broke here in Ontario. If you think people get miserable in this humidity (humidex over 100 here in Hamilton) you should meet some of my "T"s. My A.Seemanni usually about as active as a pet rock is now jumping to a threat posture when I come anywhere nere her. I cant keep her water dish full because she burries it right away. Even more concerning is she has learned to flip the bird.
Jason
Lmao, well you're far worse off than I am. I woke up expecting the flames of Hell to come beckoning again, but I woke up quite surprised with a cool 70 degrees blowing in through my door. :D

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah dont worry about it. my Ts are upstairs in my room and living in the east bay lately, has been HOT. the temp says 86 some afternoons so i just turn a fan on and they seem fine. ..i see them out of their hides so maybe it bothers them a little but not killer.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
90 some here in Florida, and you really don't want to know the humidity here. I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it.