Found today please help

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found this today hiding in the high grass as we were mowing it is much bigger than any spider ever found here. Please help
Its harmless, also what do you expect us to do, this is a forum of spider lovers, catch it and keep it, we'll help you set it up!;)

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
It is caught. It looks similar to a wolf spider but its not. Is it a tarantula?

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is caught. It looks similar to a wolf spider but its not. Is it a tarantula?
Its not a tarantula, i actually recommend you post this in the True Spiders forum, as there is an actual difference between true spiders and tarantulas, one of them being that true spiders fangs hinge laterally, tarantula fangs hinge recripocally. Not to mention theyre not furry.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Not a tarantula. Ive caught one of those in my house in arkansas. Kept it for a few months and let it go. I dont know anything about em, but as similar as they look to wolf spiders, id say its some weird species closely related. Just re-locate it if ya dont want it

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
Not a tarantula. Ive caught one of those in my house in arkansas. Kept it for a few months and let it go. I dont know anything about em, but as similar as they look to wolf spiders, id say its some weird species closely related. Just re-locate it if ya dont want it
I want it i saw something on a site earlier about it being possibly a tarantula wolf spider but nit sure

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I want it i saw something on a site earlier about it being possibly a tarantula wolf spider but nit sure
Are you freakin kidding me? When i caught mine i called it "the tarantuwolf" and was convinced i was clever. Now I'm just behind. Dang.
Anyways, i just put mine in a 10 gallon tank with nothing else and threw in a big grasshopper every few days. It seemed fine, but the "true spider" group guys will probably find something wrong with it. Yeeaaars ago.

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
Are you freakin kidding me? When i caught mine i called it "the tarantuwolf" and was convinced i was clever. Now I'm just behind. Dang.
Anyways, i just put mine in a 10 gallon tank with nothing else and threw in a big grasshopper every few days. It seemed fine, but the "true spider" group guys will probably find something wrong with it. Yeeaaars ago.

Attachments

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
Here is what i found

Attachments