Found this gut about a hour ago...

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Found this guy about a hour ago...

I finally caught this guy out back under a board.He escaped from me the first 2 times.But this time I was ready.I do not know what it is and I remember when I was a kid I caught much bigger ones.or was it just because I was smaller LOL!

This one is maybe a little over an inch..

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
You have found Lithiobiomorpha, the stone centipede. They don't grow much larger unless you have a mutant. Down there in the country of Texas, you should find some much larger, angrier beasts.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ beat me to it.{D

I find these alot here in missouri. They get to be about 1 to 1.5 inches. Easy to keep from my experience. also great feeding responses.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool Thanks! now I can make a label for the container.He had a little buddy with him that got a way.If I catch him can I keep the together?a got a 6x6 container I put this one in and thinking of putting other in with him/her when I catch it.:D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
While I've seen them hiding within inches of one another before, whenever I've kept them with anything else smaller, the smaller creature has invariably disappeared. They are very common though, so if curiosity gets the best of you, why not? The worst that can happen is cannibalism:eek:

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While I've seen them hiding within inches of one another before, whenever I've kept them with anything else smaller, the smaller creature has invariably disappeared. They are very common though, so if curiosity gets the best of you, why not? The worst that can happen is cannibalism:eek:
HaHa! I guess I will just find out.Thanks!

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^ beat me to it.{D

I find these alot here in missouri. They get to be about 1 to 1.5 inches. Easy to keep from my experience. also great feeding responses.
Really I find 4-5" ones in the summer/fall all the time.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ha!You find one of those I want it;) I thought in the past I found those that big but do not know if they are the same as these.If that made any since:eek:

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ha!You find one of those I want it;) I thought in the past I found those that big but do not know if they are the same as these.If that made any since:eek:
I got it.lol Ya they look identical I kept 2 and measured them both around 4-5". For sum reason I let them go. They loved to bite tho.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got it.lol Ya they look identical I kept 2 and measured them both around 4-5". For sum reason I let them go. They loved to bite tho.
for some reason I like creatures that "LIKE TO BITE"{D{D
Why? Juz Be Cuz {D

Ignaz

Arachnopeon
Scolopocryptops sexspinosus

If it looks like a stone centipede and is over 2" it's Scolopocryptops sexspinosus. I love them I've had many over the years one measuring almost 5".

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You sure it was the same thing? These dont get very large at all.

maybe you are finding Scolopocryptops sexspinosus? which get around 4 inches.

I am still awaiting the day I find an S.heros here in Missouri.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

If it looks like a stone centipede and is over 2" it's Scolopocryptops sexspinosus. I love them I've had many over the years one measuring almost 5".
Beat me to it.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You sure it was the same thing? These dont get very large at all.

maybe you are finding Scolopocryptops sexspinosus? which get around 4 inches.

I am still awaiting the day I find an S.heros here in Missouri.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Beat me to it.
Yup just googled that name thats it. Thanks Know I know what they are.