Found This Article In The Times Of India - Stupidity!

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just read this, while looking for scorpion dealers from India. (I want a inexpensive H. Swammerdami)

In short people over in India are getting stoned by scorpion envenomation you can read it here >> A stinging high: Scorpions new craze << :eek:

Later Thaedion

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for linking to that pop-up-arama...

They enjoy every moment as the sixlegged creature crawls up their fingers.
Yyup. That's not surprising.

Carefully stroking the agibrown tatted scorpion.
Beg pardon?

Wait until people start developing sensitivity; then the market could drop away somewhat.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for linking to that pop-up-arama...
Sorry 'bout that I had no idea there were pop-ups, I have pop-up blockers by default in all the browsers I use. (Fire Fox 2.0, Opera 9.1 & ie 7.0)

Again sorry for the pop-ups. :p

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I'm gonna get high tonight {D :cool:

(jokes):?

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"It’s a different world altogether for the next seven hours. The senses go on a high trip. You are aware of every move the blood makes in your veins. The world around you never appeared so beautiful...You enjoy the breeze as it flirts through your hair teasing every nerve of your body".

:eek: LOL!! 7 hours of the breeze flirting with my hair and everything is beautiful??{D Well it sure sounds good when put like that, I wonder how bad the side effects are after your happyland fantasy is over and reality hits you back hard with the aftermath of having crazy VENOM quantities in your system!:wall: But they don't tell them they will feel like a truck ran them over twice and they will have cramps, fever, and persistent pain all over afterwards.

I've never been stung by a scorpion, nor do I keep them so I have to admit I'm not very well versed in exactly how bad can it be to inject yourself with high quantities of venom to hallucinate, but I was bit recently by my crawshayi T for wanting to rush things with her:wall:, and the pain was very bothersome and I did feel its effect and got high fever in the plane and started sweating. Of course, it was just a few drops too little to make you hallucinate, but it was very far from being fun. So if scorpion venom is worse than T's...then it stops being fun already to me. Not interested in the breeze flirting with my hair if afterwards I'm going to feel like crap.

Last edited:

seanrc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow ..... thats off the chain.... wow.... some people ...

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So this story is back? Only took it a couple of years:rolleyes:

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So this story is back? Only took it a couple of years:rolleyes:
The story is dated 2003...:wall:
Still, I (probably) wouldn't have heard it had someone not ressurected it. Someone should do some research on venom effects of different species, could be a lucrative enterprise. {D The term scorpion dealer would have new meaning.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
An interesting article, but Amit Mukherjee should really work on spelling and what not. Some sentences were hard to make out. But as fo the story... Why is this such a big deal all of the sudden in other countries? People have been doing this crazy stuff for years...YEARS! Perhaps it's because people are now making profit off of it?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i mean..... ITS VENOM!!!!.......
so? people lick toads and eat fugu to get high. i dont think being stung by a scorpion is any dumber than doing some of the other drugs out there.

John

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to agree with Pandinus.. think of all the unnatural substances people have used to get high.. I think scorpion venom is far from the worst considering the most potent of scorpion venom will likely not kill a healthy person. whereas alot of modern drugs can kill you in one shot. let alone the kinds of stuff medicine men and the likes have used. anyone heard of Datura?? Moon Flowers I believe.. look those up.. at least scorpions arent used to make you a zombie!!{D {D {D

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They enjoy every moment as the sixlegged creature crawls up their fingers.

they were so dumb that they were not able to count the legs...

scorps have 4 pairs for legs, making it 8

sixlegged? maybe they are the ones who are taking drugs...

idiots...

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they were so dumb that they were not able to count the legs...

scorps have 4 pairs for legs, making it 8

sixlegged? maybe they are the ones who are taking drugs...

idiots...
i doubt that the person who wrote the article is much of an afficionado. I dont think that makes him stupid. I've heard of scorpions being called lobsters and sting'n lizards before. now that's pretty dumb.;)

John

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the effects just sound like a pleasant form of hyperaesthesia to me... similar to the more physically effective and less visual/psychologically hallucinogenic psilocybin mushrooms.. and as for after-effects, if you drink too much you'll feel like shit the next day, its kind of a common theme with overuse of any substance. however, i would expect as someone mentioned, tolerance (i.e. diminishing of the positive effects), and an unpleasant immune reaction would probably develop quite rapidly after repeated use!
anyways, all that said, i'm still kind of skeptical. anyone come up with a scientific name for this bogus-sounding scorpion?

cheers! :D
- munis

Last edited:

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
gotta be one of these
dont know which though.

John

my guess might be...

Androctonus finitimus
Androctonus maelfaiti
Hottentotta alticola penjabensis
BU Mesobuthus tamulus concanensis
Mesobuthus tamulus gangeticus
Mesobuthus tamulus gujaratensis
Mesobuthus tamulus sindicus
Mesobuthus tamulus tamula

or maybe

Liocheles australasiae australasiae

:D :D :D

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my guess might be...

Androctonus finitimus
Androctonus maelfaiti
Hottentotta alticola penjabensis
BU Mesobuthus tamulus concanensis
Mesobuthus tamulus gangeticus
Mesobuthus tamulus gujaratensis
Mesobuthus tamulus sindicus
Mesobuthus tamulus tamula

or maybe

Liocheles australasiae australasiae

:D :D :D

I dont think that these are very likely choices.