found some pedes

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I went walking around and found a few pedes. A couple of S. h. castaneiceps plings and an S. polymorpha.

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Gala,

Very nice looking pedes. Congrats! ;) Where did you find them?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice finds :clap: If you ever wanna sell some, PM me.

Last edited:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tssss, like you dont have enough already :p. Nice pics, Galapo :). Just a question, where do you usually find sc.h.castaneiceps, under logs and stones, what about polymorpha?!?!

phil.

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice pedes, it is just warming up enough in flagstaff that I am going to start looking this week. Im still hoping to find some castaneiceps this summer in New Mexico but Im not holding my breath.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow! Those S. h. castaneiceps are very nice finds. Congrats. I really wanted to find one during Arachnocon. Maybe this year. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Glad the pics were interesting to you. I found these on the side of the road. County workers had cut down a lot of Junipers in the right-of-way, on the sides of the road. Also, a controlled fire had gotten out of control and burned down the grass so I could see all the rocks better to look under. I found the two S. h. castaneiceps on a rocky slope that sloped down to a creek by a bridge. I usually find S. polymorpha on higher, flatter ground. I have seen both species under rocks and logs. A good place to look too is under the debris on the banks of lakes up to several days after a flood. Maybe they float on wood or something like that if they get caught in a current and stay in the pile of wood that gets left behind with all the hiding places. Yea, I have too many right now. Mostly babies from last year. Going to get rid of some eventually. Hope you get one or two in New M. I'd like to see pics of those. I've come across S. h. castaneiceps that look different in some areas,.. well, two areas, haha.

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If or when you get to thining out your heros let me know, maybe we can work out a trade. I find more large polymorpha then heros but maybe we can work something out.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you have any for sale let me know as well. i have one at 2.5" and i am hoping to get some more around that size for a breeding project in the future.
thanks,
jason

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, I have too many right now. Mostly babies from last year. Going to get rid of some eventually.
Hi Gala,

You can establish a colony here in Europe! I am sure justGreg and I would be happy fosters for the surplus. ;)

Last edited: