Found my T. molting in it's water dish.

Dman

Arachnosquire
Late last night I found my H. pulchripes (1") had molted and wound up on her back floating in her bottle cap that was full of water. Looks like she molted on her web and when shimmying out of her skin she fell into the cap. She had water all around her but I could see her legs twitching and moving some.
I slowly tilted the enclosure trying to get some of the water to drain from the cap. She slide out of the cap but was positioned bottom down. I left her like that and this morning she was in her hide.
Now she is out of her hide and sitting in the middle of her web in a very tight stress curl but is alive. I was worried that leaving her in the water would stop her from hardening or she would not be able to get out and die.
Has any one else experienced something similar? 20190922_132456.jpg

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I had one build it’s molting web purposely in the water dish. I just let it be and all was fine. Seems some T’s obviously like it.

Dman

Arachnosquire
I had one build it’s molting web purposely in the water dish. I just let it be and all was fine. Seems some T’s obviously like it.
Was she in the water or did the web keep her above the water?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Web kept it on top of the water. It was a LP sling.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From the look of the pic, all looks fine. T's do stretches and leg curling positions after molts. Still, keep a watch. Just rehoused mine into his/her final home. T is about 1.5" to 2.0". Should be molting soon. Yeah! I hope it is a girl. I need a domestic.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In general, slings float. If she was on her back, she couldn't have drowned. The photo shows a normal T after a molt.

Dman

Arachnosquire
In general, slings float. If she was on her back, she couldn't have drowned. The photo shows a normal T after a molt.
I didn't figure she could drown but was concerned that her new exoskeleton would not harden if left in the water.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I didn't figure she could drown but was concerned that her new exoskeleton would not harden if left in the water.
That is an interesting theory... I honestly have no real idea, but my instincts tell me it would harden regardless of outside moisture content...

Either way, all is well that ends well!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is an interesting theory... I honestly have no real idea, but my instincts tell me it would harden regardless of outside moisture content...

Either way, all is well that ends well!

Time for another pioneering "scientific experiment", along the lines of "can I feed my T plant protein instead".