Found h. Incei gold sling dead

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If the abdomen is torn then it could be a failed molt but it's hard to tell. Did it have a water dish?

Sorry to hear you lost a T.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
If the abdomen is torn then it could be a failed molt but it's hard to tell. Did it have a water dish?

Sorry to hear you lost a T.
Thanks, the abdomen looks dented and it looks like a small cut. so maybe it bled to death?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Sorry for your loss.

Was this a new sling or had it fully settled in with the usual burrows/webbing, etc.? I have h. Incei Gold and am impressed on their speed. Do you feel like your enclosure was setup okay? From what people have taught me they are terrestrials that will be semi-arboreal like a C. cyaneopubescens (GBB).

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Was it out in the open or underneath something? Maybe something fell on it?
There is nothing really what could have fallen on it. It was in a small tub with crossventilation, and elaborate webtunnels everywhere.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
maybe a draft? Was a vent above it? ive heard that they dry out tarantulas very quickly.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
no drafts that I know of, I keep all my ground dwelling Ts in tubs like these:

110.jpg

They're 11cm by 11cm and 5cm high. ideal for slings.

cold blood

Staff member
They have issues with dehydration. If the enclosure is too dry, they don't last long. Dented abdomen and severely curled legs indicate (to me) a high probability of dehydration.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
They have issues with dehydration. If the enclosure is too dry, they don't last long. Dented abdomen and severely curled legs indicate (to me) a high probability of dehydration.
There was what looked like a rupture at the top of the abdomen.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
About a week ago I was rehousing my MF h Incei olive and once it got into the new enclosure it pretty much lapped around the enclosure 3 times in a second and fell at one point. After that I noticed some hemolymph coming out of the top of her abdomen, but it was a small amount that dried up quickly and was probably an insignificant puncture. She's still okay and webbing, but she's a very shy eater. Maybe incei's have really fragile abdomen exoskeleton compared to other species? Maybe this helps them fit through tight spaces, more flexible abdomen to web faster/efficiently (I've noticed they can move their abdomen more than other species). Another guess would be maybe a mealworm was lost in the substrate and munched on the T's abdomen a little while it was molting. Sorry for your loss :/

cold blood

Staff member
I don't house mine with even close to enough height to cause a fatal fall.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've always thought they were like this even as adults. What do you think as you have bred them?

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, as adults theyre a little more drought tolerant, but its definitely not a species I would ever try to keep dry, even as an adult.