Found a visitor

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
Found an oriental cockroach (Right size, is black, wings cover 3/4 of body, can't climb the sides of the cup) a little while ago. First thought "Oh crud I have roaches in my apartment...." Followed by "I wonder if I can feed it to my t."

To feed or not to feed? I would really like to get rid of it with out using a shoe.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I, personally, wouldn't feed it to my t's. You never know if it has come into contact with a pesticide or something. If you don't want to kill it you can take it outside and release it.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I usually opt for a papertowel and a flush down the toilet. The white goo grosses me out. (Sorry, roach-lovers.) :eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If it was not something that you raised in a controlled chemical free enviroment then I would not risk it......... there could be any ammount of weird things in that thing.... they eat tons of things that you would not want your T to eat.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Found a few roaches... i kept them in a tank and have them breed. The second generation will be chemical free.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If one roach had enough pesticide in it to kill a big tarantula, I would think it would be dead itself. Feed it this one, just don't make a habit out of it.

x-fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If one roach had enough pesticide in it to kill a big tarantula, I would think it would be dead itself. Feed it this one, just don't make a habit out of it.
are you sure about that? roaches can accumulate great deals of toxin in their bodies and live with it. I've lost two of my tarantulas with roaches like that, so maybe it is not a good idea to try once and after your T is dead never try it again?
There is a chance that there is nothing wrong with the roach but ... it will happen just once to feed the wrong roach and you'll have a dead T, saving how much? 4-5-10 cents? i preffer not to feed my tarantulas with wild caught insects. There is always a risk killing your T that way.