Found a Mantis found under a rock?? Need answers!

Numismatica

Arachnosquire
Hello all!
I only know mantises of a bush and tree dwelling type of insect and me and my friends went out tonight and found what I really hope is a young unicorn mantis! So cool I’ve been wanting to find one of these for a loooong time!
But so weird, we found it under a rock! I would’ve never thought of looking there for a mantis!

Attachments

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hello all!
I only know mantises of a bush and tree dwelling type of insect and me and my friends went out tonight and found what I really hope is a young unicorn mantis! So cool I’ve been wanting to find one of these for a loooong time!
But so weird, we found it under a rock! I would’ve never thought of looking there for a mantis!
That’s a Litaneutria minor, a ground mantis. Unicorns look totally different.

Numismatica

Arachnosquire
That’s a Litaneutria minor, a ground mantis. Unicorns look totally different.
That’s insaaaaanely cool! I tried googling “rock mantis” and I got NOTHING. I’ve never heard of a ground mantis before this is so exciting! How do they molt??

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
That’s insaaaaanely cool! I tried googling “rock mantis” and I got NOTHING. I’ve never heard of a ground mantis before this is so exciting! How do they molt??
They still do hang from things. You’re so lucky to have found one, I’ve been looking for years. Make sure to provide hanging and climbing material to them.

Numismatica

Arachnosquire
They still do hang from things. You’re so lucky to have found one, I’ve been looking for years. Make sure to provide hanging and climbing material to them.
I got I’m in a temporary enclosure I used for a giant Asian mantis that quickly outgrew it haha. I’m definitely going to redesign it for his/her beauty! Hopefully one day I will come across another one and make BEBES!

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I got I’m in a temporary enclosure I used for a giant Asian mantis that quickly outgrew it haha. I’m definitely going to redesign it for his/her beauty! Hopefully one day I will come across another one and make BEBES!
Dude, you breed those I’ll be you first customer. Can I see the enclosure?

Numismatica

Arachnosquire
Since you’ve been consistent help I wouldn’t mind sending you free babies! How do you suggest I set this up? Should I just recreate the area it was found in but with some nice hanging spots?

Attachments

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Since you’ve been consistent help I wouldn’t mind sending you free babies! How do you suggest I set this up? Should I just recreate the area it was found in but with some nice hanging spots?
That would be fantastic! That actually looks fantastic for this species.