Found: a Lactating Spider

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just when we thought we had a pretty solid handle on spiders.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Very interesting!

Also possibly something to show to non spider fans. Spider mothers of this species caring for their young.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
76% of spiderlings survivability, that number is just amazing in wild life.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Well I feel as if you smacked me upside the head. This is amazing! Not even my dogs' vet will believe this one .

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
This is incredible! Australia has tons of ant mimics which little is known about, I wonder if any of ours share the same feature

The Snark

Old Timer
Now I'm waiting for some ruminant to start webbing up a pasture.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Ack! Venomous cattle!
This also makes me think of the goats that got spliced with orb weaver DNA so that they produced silk proteins in their milk. The scientists wanted to study the acid chains or something on a macro level or something so that the silk proteins can be collected on a much greater scale and used for strength testing.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
This also makes me think of the goats that got spliced with orb weaver DNA so that they produced silk proteins in their milk. The scientists wanted to study the acid chains or something on a macro level or something so that the silk proteins can be collected on a much greater scale and used for strength testing.
Yeah. That's just as freaky. :wideyed:

The Snark

Old Timer
so that the silk proteins can be collected on a much greater scale and used for strength testing.
I'm going to stay with my gold line, at least until I see a goat equipped with beaners and belaying gear.