• New Classifieds - Open Beta

The New Classifieds have entered Open Beta status and are now viewable to all registered users.

Our New Classifieds can be reached by clicking "Classifieds" in the forum toolbar or menu. Any ads posted in the New Classifieds should be considered "real ads" and must follow our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules. Ads that do not meet our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules will be deleted, and warnings, without points, will be issued. While our current Classifieds forums will remain viewable during the Open Beta period, and current ads posted there can be bumped, new ads must be posted in our New Classifieds so you can familiarize yourself with the new format. The Classifieds forums will be closed once the Open Beta period ends.

A tutorial on how to use the New Classifieds has been created and can be found here.

Found a cool bug today. What the hell is it?

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was sitting in the car today, and the sun was bright. I moved my visor down and PLOP out fell a strange beetle-ish bug onto my lap. He road there all the way home, and then took an adventure in a coffee cup while I set up a critter keeper thing for him.

No clue what this is? Way cool bug... It looks like it could have a shell with wings under like a ladybug... and it has back legs that look like a cricket. Almond shaped body... It is brown and mustard colored with a cool pattern on the back.

Any ideas?

It is currently on the TOP of the critter keeper thing. hanging upsidedown.

What the hell do I feed this thing? Is it possible to keep it? Is it just going to die...? What the hell is it?!

Last edited:

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks like an Assassin bug of some type.

Around here when I find them in nature, they eat soft bodied caterpillars. They pierce the body wall and suck them dry. So maybe small wax worms or grain moth larvae?

Here are pics I took of a type of Assassin bug called a Wheel Bug on our oak tree last summer. It was gorging on these invasive caterpillars that were defoliating the oak tree. I had at least 20-30 of these Wheel Bugs having a good ole time.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hemiptera

a hemip for sure some can give ya a decent bite so watch urself bye-croc-ee