Feedback Forum Update Feedback

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Could that be just because those buttons are disabled/"greyed out" in BB code edit mode? Afaik those would be supplanted by the explicit bb code formatting commands...
Correctses, except the BB code button, far right, also appears disabled but is the toggle to turn it on and off. I know, niggling little petty details. It's actually a little aggravating for people like me with text editing and display background in Linux systems where lacking the fancy modern day GUI we came up with all sorts of features to make ascii and ansi get up and dance for us. Toggle an individual button to bold, high contrast, just a quick tweak of the code. Nowadays with PHP it's grab the pick and shovel and head down into the code and script sewers for a week long adventure.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
the point of everything being grayed out is to let you know that they're not currently active. To have the button to turn it back look different than the rest of them defeats the purpose. If you were able to turn it off, you should know how to turn it back on/ :)

The Snark

Old Timer
the point of everything being grayed out is to let you know that they're not currently active. To have the button to turn it back look different than the rest of them defeats the purpose. If you were able to turn it off, you should know how to turn it back on/
Thanks for the response-feedback. As I said, I'm just being fussy; petty details. Overall the editor does an excellent job and the error trapping seems to be over 99%. Switching to BB code editor easily catches the fugitives. Anyway, all I have to do is recall the battles with vi, edlin and Emacs and the superb upgrade from MS Word 2.0 to 3.0 (complete incompatibility - cut and paste line by line, working at a print shop where clients had some 4000 documents stored in 2.0 ... :banghead:) and I'm a happy puppy.

There is one oddity. When typing text sometimes the present editor red lines the entire text as an error, not just a misspelled word. But it goes away on it's own. Any idea what is going on there?

The Snark

Old Timer
@MrDeranged One suggestion for serious/real. The vote 'Thinking' could be much more useful and real if changed to 'thought provoking'.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I just noticed the main menu is staying at the top when you scroll down. LOVE THAT!!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Is there any way to bring back the "set for all" function for multiple gallery uploads? If you're uploading multiple photos of the same species then it's a bit of a ball-ache having to type out the title/description/tags for each photo individually (I know you can copy/paste the first two but having to type out all of the tags two or three times in a row just makes me want to put my head through my screen).

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Is there any way to bring back the "set for all" function for multiple gallery uploads? If you're uploading multiple photos of the same species then it's a bit of a ball-ache having to type out the title/description/tags for each photo individually (I know you can copy/paste the first two but having to type out all of the tags two or three times in a row just makes me want to put my head through my screen).
Unfortunately, Xenforo, in their infinite wisdom, decided to remove that feature from the gallery software. :( A number of forum owners, myself included, have requested that the feature be returned. However, whether it will be or not is anyone's guess at this time. Here's to hoping.

Sorry for any inconvenience :(