Forest scorpion striking water going nuts ????

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Every week. Every few days I give his enclosure a light mist. And will very lightly spray the scorpions itself. (Was told to do so when purchased) I have done this for Maybe 2 months or so now and he always been just Fine. Usually just let's me sprinkle him down actually seemed like he enjoyed it.. But the passed 2 times I've attempted he goes NUTS!!! COMPLETELY APE SHIT he goes into defense posture and starts to strike at air every time spray. Is this normal???? Hese never done this before

Pic of his enclosure posted

Attachments

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I've had quite a few different species do this. Probably the equivalent of a cold shower:

Stugy

Arachnolord
Every week. Every few days I give his enclosure a light mist. And will very lightly spray the scorpions itself. (Was told to do so when purchased) I have done this for Maybe 2 months or so now and he always been just Fine. Usually just let's me sprinkle him down actually seemed like he enjoyed it.. But the passed 2 times I've attempted he goes NUTS!!! COMPLETELY APE SHIT he goes into defense posture and starts to strike at air every time spray. Is this normal???? Hese never done this before

Pic of his enclosure posted
Yeah it's normal. Asian forest scorpions are extremely defensive. My H.petersii did the same every time I misted her enclosure, even when I misted the opposite side, she would try to kill the water.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Makes sense... I was good about always using warm water . But lately I've been lazy and using whatever water is in the spray bottle..... gets cold in the room. I'll go back to warm water and see if it chills out
I've had quite a few different species do this. Probably the equivalent of a cold shower:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yeah it's normal. Asian forest scorpions are extremely defensive. My H.petersii did the same every time I misted her enclosure, even when I misted the opposite side, she would try to kill the water.
Yea just threw me off because it never did it before. And when I tried this morning. It went nuts. Striking every time I sprayed

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't spray them directly. They really don't seem to like it.

In fact, don't spray at all. Pour water directly onto the substrate instead. If you pour it through a screen top it creates a rain effect, and saturates the surface of the substrate far more efficiently than spraying, and seems to aggravate the scorpions far less compared to spraying as well.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@ArachnoDrew They do not like to be sprayed directly.

Also, your original post does not adhere to the Terms of Service. FYI.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Man, simply do not spray directly. IF not emphasized before, at least.
Harambe poo jokes aren't funny, keep that to yourself.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Ive stopped spraying him, I just mist around him or on the opposite side of the enclosure, just threw me off considering he never budged when I did it before, but this last time he went nuts,

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Will post this here instead of making a new post. Just took a pic of him hanging upside down. He does this EVERY NIGHT makes a lot of noise in his enclosure and continously just tries to climb up here . But only does it at night

Attachments