For you crazy New York folks..

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So as many of you may know I work in the HIV research field and as some of you know (because I can never hang out in the summer because I'm always biking), I'm also a long distance cyclist.

Well, I'm in the process of training to ride in the 2007 Empire State AIDS Ride, which is a 560-mile cycling event from Niagara Falls, NY to NYC, this August 12-18th. The purpose of the ride is to raise money for various New York State HIV/AIDS service providers as well as the AIDS Research Institute at the University of California, San Francisco.

Next Wednesday, June 27th, I'm organizing a Happy Hour Benefit to raise money for these organizations, and would love to have anyone in the NYC Metro area come out. It's going to be at Still on 3rd Ave. b/w 17th and 18th St. from 6-9pm. It's a $30 open bar, or for you light drinkers, for a $10 donation you get $2 off drink specials. It's looking to be a really fun time with lots of fun people...and it would be even better with AB folks there. :)

For those not in the NYC area or who can't make it, you can also support the cause by making a direct tax-deductible donation here.

PM me for details or with questions!

Thanks!
Karen