For fans of Orange Bitey Things

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My juvenile "Usambara" has been feeling all sociable today, and let me get a few shots of him/her? all stretched out. Mine has this wierd habit of sitting Pokie-style on the glass for a couple of hours before diving back underground. Still can't believe how much little Mugabe grew in that one moult a couple of weeks ago:

I just can't get over how beautiful this species really is in the flesh. :)

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pardon my newbie-ness, but I'm curious your Usambara lying on its back in the last pic. Is that a sign that it's about to molt?

Bry

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
yup, he/she is going to molt. SOmetimes though, tarantulas molt on their sides. Usually the back though.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
BTW, Lopez, your orange bitey thing is absolutly gorgeous...and quite cute. :)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
Pardon my newbie-ness, but I'm curious your Usambara lying on its back in the last pic. Is that a sign that it's about to molt?

Bry
It's actually just burying itself underground there - it moulted in that position a couple of weeks ago, but facing upwards

*rummages for a pic*

Like that ^^^ :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Pertiful orange bitey demon!
They are gorgeous.
I would like to get a couple more but..
Keoche keeps me on my toes for now.
LOL

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a cutie :)

As if you hadn't noticed from my Avatar, I'm a definite fan of the "orange bitey things"....hehe

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
this is one of my favorite species too. i have 4 now which just finished thier fourth molt in my possession, and are now at 2.5-3". they already give me little threat displays, and 2 of the four have perfected catching crickets in mid air. they never even hit the webbing.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im watching my orange bitey thing right now..... Seems most active during the hour of 5 to 6 in the evening. I love watching it emerge from its burrow, waving those purty red legs around like a fan. Those pics are beautiful, wish I could post mine, :( Hey safteypinup How'd ya do THAT? *L*:? Both of you are BRAVE people.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Oh my mistake, it looks like its laying on its back. But yea, if a tarantula is on its back, it means molt time !