for all the pede guys, biggest pede i have ever seen

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OMG, that thing is HUGE!!

Now _that_ wants me to have a centipede or two ...

Dennis

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Well, taking into consideration that the average man's hand will be around 6-7" inches from base of palm to the tip of his middle finger, and that the pede is effectively doubled up, the total length can be estimated at around 12-13", which is perfectly reasonable for a specimen of true S. gigantea... I have heard numerous reliable reports of gigantea reaching 14-16"... not unheard of at all.

That being said, it is nearly impossible to obtain TRUE S. gigantea anymore... unles you buy a specimen from a collector who has one...

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks more like an S. viridicornis...:? ........anyways HUGE pede. I can't believe that guy is just holding it like it's nothing. That things got to pack one hell of a punch if it bit him!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
HOLY SH&T

THATS AWSOME. I want one or ten. How is that guy handleing it with out it freaking out? That thing is also fat, it makes mine look like a baby.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man i dunno

Like i said the thing looks like some sort of mutant like it was exposed to some kind of radiation or ooz from the ninja turtles or something but man if thats what an adult pede looks like, like fully grown wow...im going to have to get into pedes alittle more:D

ChoJinn

Arachnopeon
<edit -MI>

<Sexual references in on-topic forums? :) -MI>

that is one fat pede. definitely a viridicornis or maybe venezuelan

whose pede is that? a friend or something? if so more pics would be like butta

adam

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
:eek: Very impressive!

I gues it's a gigantea (colorlevels on the picture aren't reliable!)

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by AGGRO
Looks more like an S. viridicornis...:? ........anyways HUGE pede. I can't believe that guy is just holding it like it's nothing. That things got to pack one hell of a punch if it bit him!
I agree, if that photo is a fake, its one of the better fakes I have ever seen, right down to the shadowing. I'm not ruling that possibility out.

If dude really was holding that pede. it must have spent some serious time in the refrigerator prior to being held.

That, or the guy that figured out it doesn't bite has bowling balls.

That, or maybe the picture was taken moments before the pede ate his finger.

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Professor T

That, or maybe the picture was taken moments before the pede ate his finger.
Actually, if that did happen, I'd rather see the video of the guy hopping around the room with a pede on his finger.

I think that would be much funnier than the Tom Green scene with the snake eating his arm from Road Trip.

Does that make me sick?

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
actully its a pede of a site i found i dont know the dude

let me find the link to the site and ill post it he has some other big pedes there but that one was the biggest

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good grief that joker is massive!!! I wanna get me one a those! *lol* But I guess, seeing as Mr. Internet definitely knows what he's talking about with centis, I'm gonna have to find me a collector that has one! Whoa, though! Man that joker's bad! I wouldn't hold that one! *lol* I have definitely not got bowling balls as someone else stated! Mr. Internet, you know of anyone who has this species and willing to sell? heheh... Only kidding. I think I'd have to work up the nerve to keep one of them, not to mention a really good caresheet. But I do believe one would go well in a 75 gal tank. I have some of those size, come to think of it.

adios,
edw. =D

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG!

Thats like an emporer centipede from hell!!!!
I would love one !
Gonna have to find out if they ship to Canada,wich they probably don`t. Maybey one day i will find an american friend who live close enough to help me out!

If you take a closer look at the exoskeleton behind the head , you`ll notice little "dents". Looks like some kind of pressure sore.

Mat

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Any of you guys see that picture posted on Petbugs of a Peruvian giant that was around 14 - 15 inches long? It was posted by Todd-something, I think (Not Gearheat)

Those pedes get pretty freaking impressive..

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That was Tim DelRosario. I remember when he got that monster too. The dollar bill in the pic for scale was only like 30% of the pede's body length!
That is a monster in the pic above but they can still get a site bigger than that!

Atrax

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I wish I saved the dollar bill picture, it was incredible.

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by XOskeletonRED
Mr. Internet, you know of anyone who has this species and willing to sell? heheh... Only kidding.
I had a pair offered to me a couple of months ago for a cool Grand... unfortunately, it takes that kind of money to acquire them these days...

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by chau0046

If you take a closer look at the exoskeleton behind the head , you`ll notice little "dents". Looks like some kind of pressure sore.
Not a sore at all... it is a normal part of centipede biology. They are called "ring furrows" (I'm sure there is a more scientific name), and many centipedes have them. Not all centipedes have them, so it can be a helpful feature in species determination...

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
I had a pair offered to me a couple of months ago...
Mr. Internet,

Can you get ahold of the person who has them for sale? If he/she still has them, I would indeed be interested in purchasing them for thier asking price.

~Wade