for all the pede guys, biggest pede i have ever seen

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not derictly behind the head,i think thats intersegmentral membrane, But the following "tergites(as we say is scorp anatomy)"down to about the 2-3-4-5 ones seen to be dented like a mal-nutritioned Emperors chela.

Oh well Freeking HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Mat

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The pic looks alot like the pedes I was seeing in the trade 6 or so years ago that were said to come from Trinidad or a smaller island nearby. Big, black beasts that dwarfed most of the red Peruvian giants I've seen. The tergites were like an inch and a half wide! I haven't seen them around since and am not sure what the name was. One dealer (who generally knows his stuff) told me that it was the "true" S. gigantea. He also told me that the centipedes on this island were the top predators, which is why they got so big there.

Ahh..."Centipede Island". What a great place for a tropical getaway =D

Wade

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by Atrax
That was Tim DelRosario. I remember when he got that monster too. The dollar bill in the pic for scale was only like 30% of the pede's body length!
That is a monster in the pic above but they can still get a site bigger than that!

Atrax

lol, yeah i remeber seeing that, did he buy it from someone who had it listed on kingsnake as a veitnamese pede for like 30 bucks! i could'nt beleave that what luck!--Jeff

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
a grand?

A grand for a couple pedes??? holy shnickys