Food remains in tarantula's burrow!

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
So I fed my LP sling yesterday, since I dont have smaller size crickets/supers to give him/her, I pre-killed the smallest super i could find, chopped it into half, and place the parts just outside the burrow. Few hours later, the little guy seemed to have dragged the parts into the burrow and started eating. Satisfied, i went to bed. Usually, when i check on it the next morning, he/she would have pushed the food remains outside of the burrow, but this doesnt seem to be the case here. The food that I have given him/her might be too much, and I can actually see half of the super still left uneaten in the burrow. He/she doesnt seem to bother removing the food from the burrow either. As if signalling me "Dude, clean up this mess for me". There is no way for me to remove the food remain without destroying the burrow. Should i just do it? or wait a bit? I dont want fungi, mites or mushrooms to grow in the burrow :anxious::anxious:

DeanK

Arachnosquire
If it's easy to remove without too much disturbance then go for it, if it will wreck the burrow then leave it be. Ts are very clean in general and will usually remove any probable attraction for other pests before an issue arises

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
It will definitely destroys the burrow if I attempt to remove it. Any idea how long should I wait before doing so?:(

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Correct me if I am wrong, but the mites that eat dead prey aren't harmful to Ts, are they?

Mold/fungi is what I would worry about. If you can see the mealworm, how would it destroy the burrow to remove it?

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
My sling is burrowed to the bottom of the substrate. Through the clear plastic enclosure, I can see what is happening in the burrow. The food remain is nowhere near the entrance of the burrow and if i am going to remove it, my only option is to just dig through the substrate ( which I am very reluctant to do) :hurting::hurting:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It will probably get it out of there himself, and you'll find it next to the waterdish ;)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Correct me if I am wrong, but the mites that eat dead prey aren't harmful to Ts, are they?
They are irritating but as far as I know they won't try to feed on the T. Many have reported that Ts with mites in the water dish will avoid drinking and if there burrow is infested they will abandon it.. This causes alot of stress and can lead to dehydration So IMO mites are harmful to Ts..

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My sling is burrowed to the bottom of the substrate. Through the clear plastic enclosure, I can see what is happening in the burrow. The food remain is nowhere near the entrance of the burrow and if i am going to remove it, my only option is to just dig through the substrate ( which I am very reluctant to do) :hurting::hurting:
Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, I would just leave it be then until he discards it.

They are irritating but as far as I know they won't try to feed on the T. Many have reported that Ts with mites in the water dish will avoid drinking and if there burrow is infested they will abandon it.. This causes alot of stress and can lead to dehydration So IMO mites are harmful to Ts..
That makes sense! I was thinking direct bodily harm to a T, but environmental factors definitely count.