Food Remains and Mites?

CleanMachine

Arachnopeon
My T. Blondi finished up on a Death's Head Cockroach yesterday morning. She has put the remains in the back corner of her burrow. My problem is that she is sitting right next to the remains and hasn't moved for a day. I do not want to get flicked and if I stick my tongs in, she'll flick. I am sure she is resting from eating all through the night; however I am not going in unless she moves. Just wondering how long the remains can stay in the cage without becoming a mite problem? And if it will be soon become a problem, should I attempt to coax her out to get the roach out?
Thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It really depends. In the winter in my area remains can sit there for weeks and just dry out with nothing ever happening. But in the summer mites seem to spring up overnight on remains. Just keep an eye out, it should not be to much to worry about. One of my Ts insistes on keeping remains in her hide, it bugs me that I cant get in there to get them out but it has never caused a problem. Just get them when you can and be watchful.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My T. Blondi finished up on a Death's Head Cockroach yesterday morning. She has put the remains in the back corner of her burrow. My problem is that she is sitting right next to the remains and hasn't moved for a day. I do not want to get flicked and if I stick my tongs in, she'll flick. I am sure she is resting from eating all through the night; however I am not going in unless she moves. Just wondering how long the remains can stay in the cage without becoming a mite problem? And if it will be soon become a problem, should I attempt to coax her out to get the roach out?
Thanks

I personally wouldn't leave the remains in there past today, so if she doesn't budge by "bed time" then I'd coax her to move and snatch them up especially since it's summer so mites can appear and breed faster then usual.