Food? and in the mail?!

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys so i live a bit out of the way from anywhere that sells Food for my T. So i was thinking about ordering online?

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I mean is it frowned upon.

Also i gave her some crickets before and shes turned her nose up at them. So its been two weeks now so i was considering maybe mixing up her diet. Any suggestions, she a Chilli Rose.

Mealworms, superworms etc?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why would it be frowned upon, and if you have to go to such great lengths to get food for your animals it would probably be best to buy a roach colony.

EDIT: Nevermind I see you only have one tarantula and it is a rosea. I wouldn't worry about her refusing food rosea's are notorious for going on long fasting periods. She will eat the crickets when she gets hungry.

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply, Yeah im new to this world so i briefly though getting live food in the mail might be considered stupid. Due to tempature drops and the food arriving dead or i dunno:?

Id like to give her a varied diet.. good idea?:confused:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't find that there is anything wrong with giving a varied diet. Roaches, crickets, mealworms, superworms, and waxworms. Though I think waxworms are very high in fat, but I have only heard that. I only feed crickets myself for right now. Like I previously stated though, your G. rosea is most likely just doing what rosie's are known to do and that is refuse food for long periods of time.

If you were to order food online the supplier should offer you a money back if any arrived dead or in low quality condition.

txgsxr

Arachnopeon
I dont see anything wrong with it, I order all my food for my reptiles, why not the Peru Purple.

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
Yeah think i might order some worms, see how that goes if she refuses, Ill just let her chill in her own world for a while. Not sure what peru purple is.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I see no problem with keeping a roach colony, even for one T. They are easy to maintain, and they live longer than crickets--so you don't have to worry about wasting your money on short-lived crix if your G.rosea goes off feed.

txgsxr

Arachnopeon
I can understand your poing, but people like me that done want to keep rats for my reptiles I can order feeders for both for the shipping cost of the one. And as of now I only have one T. That WILL change soon im sure and I may rethink the idea. lol