Foney "camel spider" website(check this crap out!)

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
camel spiders = weapons of mass destruction

Find them both in Iraq.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heres that idiots email address be sure to send him an email about how ridiculous he is, i already did.

buckstix@aol.com

Galadriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The site is very obviously a joke site. People are taking this thing WAY too seriously! Stop and think...the guy has done what he set out to do...get people to visit his site, and we've all just helped him meet that goal. And it really is just a joke, like Landover Baptist or Kingsnake on April fools day. None of it is intended to be taken as fact. So if someone comes up to you and says they heard "camel spiders" get 3 feet long, and chase you to stay in your shadow, just laugh and tell them the site they saw that on was a joke, then educate them. Life is too short to take yourself so seriously. :D

Latha math an drasda

Galadriel

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wrong, the guy is serious, hes an old fart from somewhere in the boonies of louisiana trying to make some money off this

heres an email i sent him

In a message dated 8/6/2006 10:05:38 PM Central Daylight Time, mgames@somewhere.net writes:
SIR,

just want to let you know your website sucks ass and your information solifugids is false and your gay, ill be sure to let others know about this website and they can comment your information about these specimens.

cheers bitch

thanks for your comments

Buck Stix

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooo, i would kick his arse so bad for that smart a$$ coment.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Camel spider

I think even THIS story is too ridiculous for the National Enquirer.

zinto

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
crashergs said:
wrong, the guy is serious, hes an old fart from somewhere in the boonies of louisiana trying to make some money off this

heres an email i sent him

In a message dated 8/6/2006 10:05:38 PM Central Daylight Time, mgames@somewhere.net writes:
SIR,

just want to let you know your website sucks ass and your information solifugids is false and your gay, ill be sure to let others know about this website and they can comment your information about these specimens.

cheers bitch

thanks for your comments

Buck Stix
That was mature of you....:rolleyes:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i tried not to get involved in this debate but come on guys...name calling and lowering yourself to his level is not the answer..its great we are sending facts on this species..and that we are striving to educate people on this topic, but lets face it..its his site and it dosent look like he'll be taking it down anytime soon...the problem we face is that our emails are not seen by the public, soo what are we actually solving??nothing, yes it makes us feel better.but i lift weights for that....you defeat lies with facts not verbal attacks and name calling...yes it makes me mad, yes it hurts the hobby, but unless we form a website disbuting his story...no one knows what the facts are because we are sending emails to a guy who could care less....knowlegde is power but is usless unless we share it to a mind the will recieve it...im sure this guy gets the point..after the 1st hundred emails...but when u start to insult him with name calling he just presses delete and what good is it then???? i love our hobby and love this forum...lets not be consumed with this more then it really deserves....just my 2cents peace in the middle east lol!!now thats a topic we can split hairs over lol!!!!! remember the move: jay and silent bob stricks back!!!

Last edited:

zinto

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well said, sick.
This is a photo I just took today. It's actual size. Must be a juvenile since they can reach 3 feet. Just thought I'd share a cool picture (in my opinion anyway :D).

Mikey_Deadcat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Hey Hey everybody chill no need to get so pissed over something so stupid its just some kids idea of a funny thing to bullshit people about. I actually think its pretty funny and anyone who is dumn enough to believe a 3 foot spider exist in this day and age is better off being messed. Come on eats cattle thats obnoxious.

Mikey_Deadcat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And one more thing i wouldnt be so quick to believe everything you hear is automatically a bunch of crap. Theres still some strange things wandering around on this planet and to think that weve discovered everything is impractical i had a friend whos dad used to work in sewers years ago and apparently he went down into an overflow pipe and was trying to figure out what was blocking it. So he started crawling down it and almost went face first into a web spanning the whole sewer tunnel and he said there were kittens webbed up into the tunnel and a orb weaver shaped spider the size of a small dog in the center. And he ran out of the sewer probably with crap in his pants and quit that day. I dont know for sure if this stories true but im always open for strange possibilities and its also a pretty well thought up story if it is bullshit. Ive been handling spiders my whole life since raising brown recluses as a child and that still gives me goosebumps.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i sencond the wheres this tunnel...boy would i love to see a web that big...almost sounds like aracnophobia the movie lol!!!who knew huntsmen could kill people lol!!!!!

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like that video of the camel spider:) Oh, zinto, is it really that big? What species is it?

zinto

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Herp13 said:
I like that video of the camel spider:) Oh, zinto, is it really that big? What species is it?
lol No, it's not really that big. The body length was probably 3/4 of an inch. I'm not sure of the species. It was just crawling around my kitchen, so I took a few pics before letting him go.