• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Fluker Farms (http://www.flukerfarms.com/)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Fluker Farms

Hi all,
Well, this was a doosey. I placed an order for crickets, from Fluker, online. I gave them my parent's address, as I didn't want the cricks outside.
They sent the order, except to my old address, from 4 years ago, an apartment. I called and left a message, and sent a email, as my parent's address is frequently mis-spelled, and not copied right.
The next day, my mom received a call, to clarify the address. "The order would be shipped immediately," they said .
This morning, I get a testy email stating that because I wrote an email AND called, I would be sent a double order, and would be charged for one of them. This person then went on to state I only need to notify once. (I did) There is nothing that states this, on their website.
The order(s) get here today, and it was still wrong. They sent 4 week old crickets, instead of 2 weeks. So, being as I have juvie and bigger slings, and a young Leo Gecko, I'll be chopping.
Despite the fact that Fluker has robust, longlived crickets, I'll not shop there again.
Peace,
Gillian

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I ordered crickets from Fluker for the first time. I ordered 250 pin heads and 250 med. sized, and a jar of those orange cubes.

I work most days all day, so I wanted them delivered to my office. I gave them my office address. I made the order on a Tuesday. I told them that I wouln't be in on Wens. so to wait to ship them so that they would arrive Thursday. They said ok, and I thought everything was alright.

About an hour after I placed the order, I got an email with a tracking number. The crickets arrived at my office on Wens. and a co worker called me at home to let me know. So I went down and picked them up. All in all it turned out ok, I got my crickets and no one was worse for the ware, but it really irritated me that they went ahead and sent them to arrive on Wens. after I told them I wouldn't be here to get them.

If you need them delivered on a certain day of the week, don't order from Flukers. If you work at home, go ahead. They do NOT do well with special shipping needs.

I won't be ordering again.

Ali

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've ordered from Fluker 4 times. The first 3 times went without a hitch, other than the presence of a small wooley pupae stage of some beetle. The quality of the stock and service were both good and the quantity appeared accurate or better. All orders have been for 1,000 1-week old and 1,000 4-week old crickets.

On the 4th order, the 4-week old crickets were fine, but there was no more than 250 1-week old crickets in the order. I sent them an e-mail inquiring if they'd confused my order with another, trying to give them an easy "out", and the response was as follows:

Mr. Black,
Before, we probably had a 20% overcount in the box. That is probably the
difference you saw. The wooly worm is a lardie beetle. Totally harmless to
you reptiles.
Thanks,
Jackie

A 20% overage on previous orders doesn't account for a 75% shortage on the last one. A simple "We're sorry, we'll credit your account for your next order" would have retained my business. As it is now, I just ordered 1,000 1-week old crickets (to replace the ones I DIDN'T get from Fluker) from one of their competitors.

Botar

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Flukers

I've ordered from Flukers once and had no problems so I then subscribed to their contract service. What a disaster. Spiders in canisters, others all dead and canisters filled with filth made me hesitate to open the tubes, not knowing what I'd find. I opened one tube of pinheads to find some of the largest adults I've ever seen! After that first shipment I had no reason to be satisfied. I've switched to Superwormfarm.com.