Florida Wood Roaches.

Joshlividum567

Arachnopeon
I have tons of these in the area where I live.They're pretty decent sized.I cant find much info on them on the web and I don't know a whole lot about roaches.Does anyone know if these would be good feeders for T's? If so, I think I could easily start a colony.Crickets just aren't doing the job anymore and as we all know, most roaches are illegal here.If anyone has any info on these I'd really appreciate it.There are also these roaches around that are a bit larger in size and are like a light orange/redish color.Any info on either will be greatly appreciated.Theres just much more of the wood roaches around. Thanks!!!!

-Josh

Joshlividum567

Arachnopeon
No.I mean, we have those around here too.But, if you google Florida Wood Roach, theres pictures and such, just not much info.Maybe I can put up a picture.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I would imagine you could feed them to your T but I would suggest against feeding them wild caught because of parasites and things of that nature.

Joshlividum567

Arachnopeon
Well, me too.I never feed my T's wild caught items.But they seem to be breeding very well under this wood in my backyard.So I was just trying to see if anyone uses these or knows if they breed well etc.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not sure about the adults but the juvies burrow like crazy. I've thought about trying 'em out too but didn't feel like going through the hassle of raising multiple generations before I could even start feeding them (to get away from the parasite/pesticide problem). Other than that, there's no reason you couldn't give it a shot....