Florida ivory millipede help!

PedeChick

Arachnopeon
Greetings! I have been having some troubles with one of my Florida ivories as of lately, one of them has a large black spot an the entirety of one of their segments, it’s a blackish-tan spot and it practically is just entirely in one segment. Is this dangerous? I don’t know because it has been acting normally as of late. I mist their tank once a week, since I live in a rather humid and tropical area and my other millipedes are acting fine within the colony. Do any of you guys know what the problem could be?

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Likely nothing to worry about. Discoloration will often occur with bad molts in this species and the majority of the time it's effect is purely artificial. Extremely unlikely it is something to be concerned about, but even if it were there would not be anything you could do.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I had a scarlet that had this and died but he lived a couple weeks and was an adult when I bought it. My big orthoporus has a big dark spot but is doing just fine.

PedeChick

Arachnopeon
I had a scarlet that had this and died but he lived a couple weeks and was an adult when I bought it. My big orthoporus has a big dark spot but is doing just fine.
I had this guy since he was a baby and he was captive bred, he was juvenile when I got him. Either that or he’s actually a she and it’s my wild caught female for that matter. I’ve had my male for nearly a year and my female for a couple of months. The spot just recently appeared after this millipede came back.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
It could be damage from a bad molt or something falling on it post molt (before it hardened). If it starts to spread, then it could be a point of concern. Depending on its age, it may correct itself after several subsequent molts.