Florida 2011

Scotty Allen

Arachnopeon
Never seen such a wonderful series of photos stiched together in this fashion. Lovely photos, thank you for putting this together and sharing it.

Scotty Allen

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Scotty! Seems you've found your way to AB .. never figured you for a bug guy.

Anyhow, I've added you to the Canadian Forum. Thanks for the kind words re: the tapestry.

Cheers,
Dave

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
That was awesome! Very creative way to show your pictures. :clap:

squishy

Arachnopeon
It's wonderful to see other people appreciate the state you grow up in!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice work putting it all together! Looks like it was a blast! Thanks for sharing! -Chad

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I love the presentation of the video, nice stuff Dave!

later, Tom

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Everglades hostile Florida City

Awesome video and Great pictures from 2011

Ever stayed at Everglades International Hostile ?

It's in Florida City, has to be one of my top five places to stay out of anywhere.

It's not commercial/touristy by any means - you can pick an RV, a bungalow, a dorm room or rent a tent

http://www.evergladeshostel.com/

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks, everyone.

That Hostel looks way too swanky for our tastes. :-D We generally camp it, though my wife and I just sleep in our car rather than a tent. The last two years we have gotten to stay at a scout camp in the everglades park itself. Extremely nice location with fantastic facilities including a commercial grade kitchen where we did seafood night this year. It is even a stone's throw from where we found the diamondback. The down-side is that it isn't actually open to the public. Which is, from our standpoint, an up side.

When my wife and I travel alone we tend more towards sleeping in the car at rest stops etc. or at tenting campsites. That may change as we get older .. but for the moment the front seats fold to meet the back seats and once you get the hang of it it is pretty comfy.

Cheers,
Dave