Flinders Ranges mycosis HELP

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
its a bit hard to tell from that one spot on the pincer... are there black spots on its underside around the book lung openings? Are the feet blackened and shrivelled up?

ChristopherNguyen

Arachnopeon
its a bit hard to tell from that one spot on the pincer... are there black spots on its underside around the book lung openings? Are the feet blackened and shrivelled up?
Thankfully no. There's no black spots on either the legs or the underside. What should I do now?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
has it always been there (from when/where you got it)? Has the spot grown bigger/recently appeared? It could be mycosis but it would be elsewhere on the scorpion too. Best thing to do is keep the enclosure dry and the humidity down as much as possible (don't mist the walls) and just keep a water dish in there for the scorpion. They're more of a desert/rocky landscape type scorpion than a forest type.

ChristopherNguyen

Arachnopeon
I've had the scorpion for almost 2 months from a pet shop. I have no idea when the spot occurred bcs I didnt pay much attention until now. Funny how it only infected the claw

I'm baking the substrate and going to rebuild its enclosure to a false bottom.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I've had the scorpion for almost 2 months from a pet shop. I have no idea when the spot occurred bcs I didnt pay much attention until now. Funny how it only infected the claw

I'm baking the substrate and going to rebuild its enclosure to a false bottom.
Pics of the new enclosure would be great! Hopefully the spot is just a blemish on the claw.

ChristopherNguyen

Arachnopeon
This is its new enclosure right now (along with my other scorpions). False bottom with flywire mesh to stop the substrate to sink, multiple hides for the scorpion to choose its preferred humidity & temperature.

Do you think the substrate should be deeper?

20201126_192852.jpg 20201126_192901.jpg

Last edited:

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
are you misting it? I have mine on coco peat mixed with sand and a water dish, so i don't have to mist.

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
I think to stop it spreading, if it even is mycosis the humidity should be really low and there should be lots of ventilation, but the mesh lid helps!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Very nice enclosure! That should be more than enough substrate, as I think flinders range scorpions are more scrapers than actual burrowers (they'll scrape out a spot under a hide or rock or whatever - they're fossorial). And yes, the humidity should be kept low just in case that is mycosis.

ChristopherNguyen

Arachnopeon
Th
Very nice enclosure! That should be more than enough substrate, as I think flinders range scorpions are more scrapers than actual burrowers (they'll scrape out a spot under a hide or rock or whatever - they're fossorial). And yes, the humidity should be kept low just in case that is mycosis.
Thanks!

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
my rainforest scorpion has blotches that don't glow when I use a UV flashlight on her. does anybody know what that means?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
my rainforest scorpion has blotches that don't glow when I use a UV flashlight on her. does anybody know what that means?
Could we see photos of her with the UV light on her? Her plueral membrane won't glow, just the exo-skeleton parts of her. Also the tip of her stinger won't glow either.