flightless fruit flies

Ahovelson

Arachnopeon
So I had a bunch of my flightless fuit flies escape and they have been getting into some of my enclosures with my Ts. Can they hurt them or if they lay some eggs in those enclosures could the larva hurt them?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
So I had a bunch of my flightless fuit flies escape and they have been getting into some of my enclosures with my Ts. Can they hurt them or if they lay some eggs in those enclosures could the larva hurt them?
Can they? Maybe.

Will they? No.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you, as you can tell I'm a bit new to the hobby
They wouldn't bother your T's, but you'll want to do a thorough job of removing bolus and dead feeders (or anything that the maggots might use as a food source) from the enclosure, just to prevent any FFF population explosions.

slocoj91

Arachnosquire
They may stress slings, if they're due a molt or not confident in eating them. But I doubt they will have been able to get into those enclosures anyway.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
FFFs can’t hurt ts. Every now and again the odd one escapes and I either find it later or it gets eaten by a steatoda

winter

Arachnosupporter +
My wife keeps FFF cultures to feed her frogs; inevitably, some will get out and wander around our house. I've never noticed any persistent infestation of FFF in the house, the escapees seem to die off, get eaten by house spiders, eaten by daddy long legs, or drown in the vinegar trap. I've seen some FFF wander into the enclosures of the larger tarantulas as the ventilation holes are big enough for them to freely ingress and egress; none of the larger tarantulas seem bothered by them or take an interest in their presence. I've never noticed any of their larvae or pupae in the tarantula enclosures; even if they were present, they're detritivores and not likely to bother a living tarantula. The ventilation holes for the sling enclosures are too small for FFF to enter; if they were able to do so, they would enter at their own peril.