flea bomb

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gah.. Alright, my mom's boyfriend now wants to flea bomb the house.. Everyone I've talked to says to get the Ts out of the house for a week for this, which Id be happy to do.. But all the friends Ive talked to have said no, all of them, had one reason or another as to why my babies couldnt just sit in the closet for a week... So Im getting desperate. Do you guys agree a week is the right amount of time? I dont want them dying. If so, then Im at a loss as to what I can do. I dont have money to ship them out to anyone at the moment. Im thinking if I cant find anyone, I might just sell them for the price of shipping.. better alive with someone else, then risk killing them here. Any advice from anyone?

Oh, also, Im in western NY...if anyone is nearby, for if i cant find a friend, and would like them... let me know..

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This exact topic is being discussed right now on another thread. Perhaps you can get some helpful information from it. Bottom line - NO, not safe for T's and flea bombs are a very old method and not ideal way to deal with fleas for anyone whether or not they have T's! How could your T's possibly be okay in a closet that was treated for fleas? Oh, if the closet isn't treated for fleas i can guarantee you won't take care of the flea problem. Just one tiny flaw in the use of flea bombs. i realize this isn't your choice.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=99321

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have dogs, and tarantulas, and I have been infested with fleas this summer on more than 1 occasion. I would NOT flea bomb the house, it won't do the human population much good either, and the fleas will soon be back. You need to treat the dogs. All fleas have to return to the dog eventually so treat the animal with something to kill the life cycle of the flea, and just give the house a really good hoover regularly. You can give the dog a tablet evey few days or so to catch the live ones while every thing else is in the process of working. Same with cats, although I don't expect they appreciate being sunk in the bath like I do my dogs lol.

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you could also pour Borax 20/20 on to the carpet and sweep it down into the carpet with a broom. let it stay like that for 3 days then vacuum it up. It will kill the existing fleas and continue protecting your house for up to a year. This method has never had any effect on my spiders.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you have no choice, and you have a family vet. see if he can hold them for you, or perhaps a pet sitting service.

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you want to drive them down to PA, they can visit at my house for a few weeks (or longer).

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
flea bombs bad

He wants to cover your entire house with pesticides? Um, no! Get the guy to talk to a vet about products such as Frontline. Put it on the animals, lasts for 3 months, any fleas that hatch bite the animal and die. Works very quckly. Vacuum regularly. Good luck!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
frontline :clap: :clap: is the way to go on dogs / cats / it kills ALL the fleas:clap: :clap::worship: :worship: {D {D phil

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We've never HAD a flea problem, but a heads up, one of our dogs is wicked allergic to frontline-like chemicals. Put it on him, had to take him to the emergency room for drugs to help him get through the itching. :( Poor pup.

He is also allergic to bug bites.

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww, that's sad tuishimi.

We dont have any furry animals. The last people here had cats, and that's where they came from. Im going to try and convince him to use some different method, but so far no luck. Im begging friends to take my Ts for a week, hopefully theyll do it.. Im looking around, but I think it'll be awhile before he actually does it, so I have time to find somewhere for them

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am sure you'll find somebody. I mean, it's not like they spend all their time plotting to escape and bite toes. :D Well, at least I don't think they do. :eek:

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All my friends think so! They all insist that theyre going to escape and eat souls. Ill figure something out though!