Flea and tick season

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
This maybe a dumb question but here goes.

I have several dogs and cats that will get flea and prevention treatments. Is there any special cautions I should be aware of when it comes to my T's.
I know wash hands well.. keep newly treated animals away from T's..general safe practices but anything
specific I should be aware of.

Thanks

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In general what you just said is what I've heard mostly and what I would suggest. I'm not aware of particular 'inside tricks' aside for common sense of course, and what stated above.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Wash hands is enough. I use stuff on my two cats and beagle, and have never made a spider sick. Now if you don't use frontline and get a house full of fleas that requires bombing, that's a whole other story.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Just to drive the point home, since people tend to forget.

Ticks are arachnids
. Any pesticides aimed at ticks (including those dog collars) will most likely cause equal harm to your tarantulas, so use extra precautions there - even more caution than you'd use for typical insecticides.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I use frontline on my dogs and have never had issues. I make sure I wash my hands before any maintenance. I wish I could safely put something on myself, I just had to pull a tick out of my hip the other day :depressed:. I don't spray myself with anything when I'm outside though, don't want to risk it.