Flat-backed Millipede Husbandry?

Moediv

Arachnopeon
I was looking at millipedes that lived in my area in New England and noticed several rad looking flat-backed species. When doing some scrounging on google I noticed there is little in the way of info for these little guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sources of information or even husbandry advice? I've seen some people sating that they have specific temp and substrate requirements without going into what those might be. Any help would be appreciated!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
If you are referring to the Polydesmida order Xystodesmidae or Paradoxosomatidae you can check out what @Arthroverts and myself have been writing for them here. It sounds like you are referring to Xystodesmidae based on what you said about temperature, I gave a summary of that on the family page and what I believe the issue to be.

Moediv

Arachnopeon
If you are referring to the Polydesmida order Xystodesmidae or Paradoxosomatidae you can check out what @Arthroverts and myself have been writing for them here. It sounds like you are referring to Xystodesmidae based on what you said about temperature, I gave a summary of that on the family page and what I believe the issue to be.
Awesome thank you!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome thank you!
Your welcome but just know ahead of time that most Xystodesmidae are very hard to keep in captivity currently, but is something I am hoping to change later this year and that site is where those results will be posted

Moediv

Arachnopeon
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that article! In the mean time I'll stick with the other hobby staples :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that article! In the mean time I'll stick with the other hobby staples :)
Some of the other non-Xystodesmidae Polydesmida are much easier to care for. I’m just now trying to culture some Eurymerodesmus cf. melacis that I have found in my area. 38B9992D-AF29-48D4-845E-56F34031A52B.jpeg

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I always had a hard time keeping the temps cool enough for these lovelies.