Fl. Kingsnake

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well i broke the rules yesterday. i got to work, and a new reptile order had come in. i pick up a heavy cloth snake bag and open it to reveal a 3 " florida kingsnake. undoubtedly the most beautiful one ive ever seen. its the "common" phase, but it still looks way better than any "Brooksi" ive seen. anyway, i bought him right away, because otherwise he was going to be sent to another store. an impulse buy yes, but i couldnt stand to be parted from the little guy. (i know hes male because upon removing him from his bag i recieved my worst musking EVER. we had to open all the doors in the stockroom.) anyway whats everyones experiences with these? whats their usual lifespan?( cant find that anywhere) ive read all the general care info, just looking for a little extra input.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
At the nature center we keep a wide variety of L. getula subspecies including a couple of Florida kings of various morphs, including "brooksi" and the blotched form. We pretty much keep them the same as our other NA colubrids (mostly kings and rats), no special requirements regarding care as far as I know.

BTW, I assume you meant 3' (3 feet), not 3" (3 inches). What would you feed it, pinkie feet? ;P

Wade