Fixed my loneliness

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh I see talon that's probably why i thought they where brown before, because I only saw younger specimens :D
Good to know they go through a marvelous color change.

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! what a great deal! Lucky you!!! I love my my LP. Best of luck with her. Sounds like she will be in good hands.:clap:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You say you got her in a 10 gallon?
Yep a 10 gallon "Leader", 20" x 10" x 12"

She doesn't look very big all scrunched up and shy ahhaha!

Edit: I never kept an LP before, but read many care sheets about them(as the years go by, im a research hag...... you think it's too big?...i read they enjoy floor space.. (it was a free tank also .... :p)

..btw i just edited the sentence above to make sense again... lol!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep a 10 gallon "Leader", 20" x 10" x 12"

She doesn't look very big all scrunched up and shy ahhaha!

Edit: I never kept an LP before, but read many care sheets about them(as the years go by, im a research hag...... you think it's too big?...i read they enjoy floor space.. (it was a free tank also .... :p)

..btw i just edited the sentence above to make sense again... lol!
I was actually thinking a 10 gallon is a tad to small.. My 7.5" LP is a roamer.. She goes all over the place... I have her in something that is about twice as long as a 10 gallon.. Its about as wide as a 10 gallon & half of another 10 gallon.. But its not to deep.. SO you wont need alot of substrate..

My girl has never attempted to hide or burrow either.. She is ALWAYS out.. Either on the the hide or by the waterdish...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
WHAT!

Bah! Great deal. Awesome looking spider!
Hey, I'll buy it off ya for $50!
Kidding. Great find though. I better keep my eye on craigslist/kijiji!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was actually thinking a 10 gallon is a tad to small.. My 7.5" LP is a roamer.. She goes all over the place... I have her in something that is about twice as long as a 10 gallon.. Its about as wide as a 10 gallon & half of another 10 gallon.. But its not to deep.. SO you wont need alot of substrate..

My girl has never attempted to hide or burrow either.. She is ALWAYS out.. Either on the the hide or by the waterdish...
Oh wow! I guess Ill see how her personality goes later on then :) ...then that gives me an excuse to fill up ...the would be empty tank...if it happens. lol!

Btw maybe you have a 20 long? 30" x 12" x 12" or is it premaid?

WHAT!

Bah! Great deal. Awesome looking spider!
Hey, I'll buy it off ya for $50!
Kidding. Great find though. I better keep my eye on craigslist/kijiji!
Waiiit now...you already have tons of t's...save some for me to add to my collection of 1 ? :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh wow! I guess Ill see how her personality goes later on then :) ...then that gives me an excuse to fill up ...the would be empty tank...if it happens. lol!

Btw maybe you have a 20 long? 30" x 12" x 12" or is it premaid?
Its a sterilite container.. 41 quart IIRC...

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh I was thinking too much hehe! Ill look into those :) Im going to let her get settled in after her traumatic exp. on public bus. So far she's enjoying the corner since today. haha

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww congrats on finding your new friend :)
I know she'll be much happier with you.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, she's gorgeous! Can't wait til mine is that big. I think for her size, a 10 gal is too small. Probably even the 15. I'm not sure if they ever stop chewing, no matter what size their home is. Maybe someone can chime in. Mine does and I'm going to rehouse her into something bigger on her next molt. These and "blondi's" I think tend to do best with lots of space.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She hasn't started climbing out yet, all she's done was move back and forth in the back of the tank. She has also cleaned herself eheh...I am going to purchase some fake plants for her to... 'play' with... (my rosea used to pluck them out of the ground and refurnish each week ahah!)

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Lp is in a Exo-Terra which is a 7.5 gallon tank. 12" cube. But it has permanent landscaping built into it. (EC#6 http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=163791) My girl is 7" and the space is plenty so far. My girl roams around but has favorite spots. As far as chewing, yep mine did this also. I had some styrofoam rock decorations on the walls and she tore it up. So I removed them.

I just updated the thread with a picture of my girl in the tank. (EC#6) You can see that she has space to roam around being 7" legspan. In that thread you will also see what I had my really big girl in back in 2000. I posted a video of it. Its my first real Enclosure Creation and it had a water feature.