Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Back when I was a fish junkie.
[YOUTUBE]GoYDONcMtKE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BEsgdvpZUAM[/YOUTUBE]

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap:awesome! thanks for sharing,i'm still a fish junkie..........going on maybe 40yrs!:eek:and i aint never gonna get out of it:D

Rue

Arachnoknight
Nice!

I have 3 aquariums at the moment too...also have had fish for most of the last 25 years...

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i was into fish for a few years used to breed flowerhorn cichlids nasty temperments on them but interesting looks now i just have a 300 gallon indoor fish pond filled with stuff like guppies

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:clap:awesome! thanks for sharing,i'm still a fish junkie..........going on maybe 40yrs!:eek:and i aint never gonna get out of it:D
Nice!

I have 3 aquariums at the moment too...also have had fish for most of the last 25 years...
LOL I've only been in the hobby for maybe 5 years, and I haven't got 40 years, or even 25 on me.{D
Though I do believe I've ventured into this hobby far more than many.

i was into fish for a few years used to breed flowerhorn cichlids nasty temperments on them but interesting looks now i just have a 300 gallon indoor fish pond filled with stuff like guppies
I've never really fancied flowerhorns... But some breeds do look very pretty. You should fill that pond with bigger, monster-er fish.;P

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i like odd looking fish like flowerhorns and blood parrots the pond is more my moms thing we kept koi in there for a while but you could only have a few big fish in there and it looks boring at least with the little fish it looks active

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I enjoy keeping the smaller, vibrant colored fish such as sailfin mollies (pure white), lyretail mollies (those black ones are sweet), tetras of all sorts, and red platies are the ones that come to mind. I also like the look and feel of those naturalistic aquariums with growing moss, anubias, driftwood, etc and always wanted to create one for myself, but it's a test of patience and the wallet!

Lolita

Arachnoknight
I enjoy keeping the smaller, vibrant colored fish such as sailfin mollies (pure white), lyretail mollies (those black ones are sweet), tetras of all sorts, and red platies are the ones that come to mind. I also like the look and feel of those naturalistic aquariums with growing moss, anubias, driftwood, etc and always wanted to create one for myself, but it's a test of patience and the wallet!
yeah thats definitely true especially when you factor in that small fish have short life spans so somebody is dying every week of old age luckily their easy to breed so some of their fry survive

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been growing very fond of fish lately. I've been straying from inverts and focusing a little on North American native fishes. I currently own a sunfish and an American eel.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We currently have a tank set up with three Lake Kutubu rainbowfish (Melanotaenia lacustris), five zebra danios, a Hypostomus punctatus or some other generic looking loricariid, and a blue dragon (Gobioides peruanus). We also have a marbled betta, who is quite possible the most awesomest betta ever. How many bettas do you know change colours on a daily basis...haha.

Cass

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL I would so love a realistic, natural feeling aquarium. Too bad I can't even keep Java Fern alive...:wall:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was a fish junkie in high school. I loved keeping and breeding fancy guppies. They were very pretty and I loved getting to see the females giving birth. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that Walmart isn't exactly the best place to get fish (except maybe oscars. They're pretty hardy). I had tons of ich breakouts and lost a lot of money of replacement fish. The medication at the store didn't do any good. Salt actually worked better than their store remedies..

Lolita

Arachnoknight
We currently have a tank set up with three Lake Kutubu rainbowfish (Melanotaenia lacustris), five zebra danios, a Hypostomus punctatus or some other generic looking loricariid, and a blue dragon (Gobioides peruanus). We also have a marbled betta, who is quite possible the most awesomest betta ever. How many bettas do you know change colours on a daily basis...haha.

Cass
i would love to see a pic of your betta all i have is a blueish green orange and purple splendon betta i named speedy (cause his fins are so long he's a slow swimmer) i eventually wanna get a nice crowntail