First week with spiderlings

kooky

Arachnosquire
So non of them ate today, or yesterday. They are all just making burrows and sitting around. Ill wait until the weekend i think before trying again. Just getting a bit worried as my b.smithi and b.albop still look a but skinny imo. But if i wait long enough they might actually be hungry, don't want to keep shoving crickets in their face if they don't want it. My larger euath red still no sign of wanting food. Still bit of a dark patch on its abdomen, but not overly. They other one has made a massive burrow, he basically lifted all the substrate up half an inch, but i got up today and it had all collapsed, but he was sitting atop the pile looking a bit defeated. He also didnt eat

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Offer prekilled prey and leave it in there overnight. Some slings are shy eaters. You won't always get to see your spiders eat, unfortunately.

kooky

Arachnosquire
Offer prekilled prey and leave it in there overnight. Some slings are shy eaters. You won't always get to see your spiders eat, unfortunately.
yeah my b.smithi does not like live prey at all. But i feel like my biggest euath sp.red may be going into premoult. Its abdomen is getting darker and darker so i have stopped feeding him at the moment. I will try feeding the other three again tonight. my b.albop has made a tunnel in the middle of the pot so its pretty impossible to see him. Even tho i made a little starter tunnel on the edge so i could monitor when hes in the tunnel. He's definitely the odd one alright.

kooky

Arachnosquire
ok so today my b.albop took another live cricket, the little eating machine. I placed pre killed crickets in the other 3 tubs as my b.albop is the only one that readily kills crickets as big as it is. My b.smithi's abdomen looks a bit smaller than the other but i checked with my friend and she said he is fine, just add a lil water just in case. Ill leave the dead crickets in overnight, i just worry that they will go mouldy quite quickly, as there is a bit of condensation on each tub.

kooky

Arachnosquire
So my smaller euath ate his cricket. My b.smithi and my larger euath sp.red didn't touch theirs at all. My b.smithi hasn't eaten in over a week now and he is quite small. I feel like my larger euath sp.red may be going into premoult but i'm still not 100% on this, ill take some more pics later so anyone can comment on what they think.. Maybe it is something in their environment that is causing them not to eat. Ill take some pics of their enclosures as well in case that is an issue, there is still condensation on their enclosures so maybe its the damp putting them off eating.