first versicolor!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pictures...... Or it never happened...... ;P Oh.. I thought you were only allowed to have 2 spiders? Momma change her mind? {D

Congrats! :D

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pictures...... Or it never happened...... ;P Oh.. I thought you were only allowed to have 2 spiders? Momma change her mind? {D

Congrats! :D
Maybe what mama don't know won't hurt her? :D

Congrats! I'm hoping to order one next Friday, amongst other things ;)

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well as you can see, no pics up yet, it made a web and am thinking it is in pre molt so I am going to let it be for now. Pictures will beposted once it comes out :)

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Well as you can see, no pics up yet, it made a web and am thinking it is in pre molt so I am going to let it be for now. Pictures will beposted once it comes out :)
Putting up a web huh, lol. You havent seen anything yet. Pre-molt or not your Avic is gonna web web web until you can barely see it at anytime. My little versi sling made such a huge funnel and webbed its entire cube to the point that I have to tear it to get the lid off. If your Avic doesnt web then I would worry. Good luck with it. They are very awesome T's. One of my favorites, well after Pokies.

Chris

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some advice for you

Welcome to the versicolor club! Nice choice - I've had mine for a little over a year now, and here's some advice

- keep humidity kinda high and provide lots of ventilation ...
- when you see what looks like little clusters of white dots or cocoons on the side of the enclosure, don't be concerned, it's versi-poop (lots of threads about that on this forum - I oughta know - I started one {D{D)
- be very careful when handling, if ever (I've learned through dumb experience NOT to handle my versi) - they are very fast, and are hard-wired from millennia of living in trees to make FLYING LEAPS when they feel the urge to commit "flight-not-fight" - and trying to find your little versi in God-knows-what corner of the house he's hiding is NOT fun ... that said, I've learned from reading this forum that many versi-keepers have had very good experiences with handling, and I'll stop there because I'm insanely jealous ;P (but consider yourself blessed if you end up being one of them :clap:)

-One parting shot (so to speak) - you ain't a member of the Versi-poop Club until you've been projectile-pooped by your versi (lots of threads about that on this forum, and forgive me for repeating myself, but I oughta know - I started one!)

ENJOY!!!

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Putting up a web huh, lol. You havent seen anything yet. Pre-molt or not your Avic is gonna web web web until you can barely see it at anytime. My little versi sling made such a huge funnel and webbed its entire cube to the point that I have to tear it to get the lid off. If your Avic doesnt web then I would worry. Good luck with it. They are very awesome T's. One of my favorites, well after Pokies.

Chris
Haha I didn't mean the way I put it. It refused food:p I am super excited for it to web up more!

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my versi is named Aurora :) it's a good choice. Wish he didn't end up being a male. Lol

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
When thinking up a name dont ask for advice. People will throw out what they named theres.. Kind of ruins it.. {D I cant wait until my 5 versi start to get that big!! Veri nice photos. :worship: Watch out for that flying poop BTW {D My 3" A. avic shot poop 10 feet!! I never imagined it going so far and fast. :barf: :p