First true spider, wondering if I'm caring for it correctly?

Goldie Orfina

Arachnopeon
I got a large, beautiful, wolf spider! She's living in a Kritter Keeper with some substrate, leaf litter, a piece of bark, and a water bowl. I plan to feed her Black Soldier Fly larvae.

Does anyone have anything to add?
Does she need a water bowl? I know tarantulas need them but I don't know about true spiders. She has one just to be safe.
How often should I feed her?
Most things I've found say to mist them, but is that true?
And if anyone can answer this one, is it easy to tell the difference between a female and a male?

Here are some pictures:
IMG_8302.jpg
IMG_8307.jpg

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Judge feeding by abdomen size / fatness. I think these eat a bit more than Ts weight-for-weight, because they're a lot more active, but remember how much smaller they are. In my experience, these have been very easy and fun to keep. Great hunters, and very entertaining about it. Enjoy!

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
Using pedipalps is a pretty easy method for sexing them, males are usually smaller as well.
I never saw my Rabidosas use their water bowls, but they did drink from misting.

Goldie Orfina

Arachnopeon
It's really big spider, and doesn't really seem to be able to climb the walls. Anything is possible, but I don't think it can escape.....

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Rabidosa adults do climb kritter keepers and occasionally hang out at the top, but they’re too big to fit through any of the holes.

Goldie Orfina

Arachnopeon
She molted last night! I went to check on her and found her upside-down hanging from some pine straw. I thought she was dead, then realized there was a molt next to her. I'm so happy, this is the first time a spider has molted under my care!

Goldie Orfina

Arachnopeon
How long should I wait to feed her? She's very active now, and running around like crazy. She molted Tuesday.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
You could put something in for her and if she doesn't eat it, take it back out and try tomorrow or in a couple days.