First timer needing help

Drake

Arachnopeon
I just bought a tri-color scorpion from my local pet store, and since then the scorpion hasn't eaten anything and always goes in the corners and tries to climb out. Other times he will just walk around and check things out but I don't know what to do. Maybe its his enviroment that isn't right or its missing something.
I will try to post up a picture of my set up soon so it will give you a better idea of whats goin on.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Make sure you have a water dish and that the temps are not too low. 80F or so is a good temp. You must also remember that scorps can go several moths at time w/o eating.

Jphn
];')

Drake

Arachnopeon
yeah I have a water dish in there and well the temp in my room like like 22 Celcius so its almost 80F and i got a lamp on top that i turn on durin the day. When I bought him there were some dead crickets in his aquarium and the lady said he eats like 1 cricket everyday or every 2 days so I dunno maybe hes just not hungry.
Or possibly hes starting to molt?? that might be why he isnt eating. Could being scared cause not to eat? Well I will wait it out a bit and see what happens and maybe try to keep finding more info.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
The room temp should be warm enough. The lamp may be making it too warm and possibly too low in humidity. If the scorpion is constantly is pacing about that may be a sign that it is too warm.

If your Scorpion is already adult-sized it won't molt again. Scorps don't molt after they reach maturity.

John
];')

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also to add to what kuge said. If the scorpion is, what tri-color is usally called, then it is probably O. boehmi. If this is the true then the scorp is most happy spending its time in a burrow. Providing it w/ a deep substrait and a safe burrowing material, will better simulate is natural setting. Post some pics if you have them.

-steve-

Drake

Arachnopeon
ya I dont know if he is full grown or not I will ask the pet shop. I'm gettin some photos develloped like tomorrow possibly and i hope they turned out good so u can see what I have set up.
then it will be easier to determine the problem.
like he doesnt just run around like non stop he will stay in a corner for a while then walk around for a bit to another spot and just chill out for a bit and at night he goes into the corner and stands up with his claws spread out and just stays like that for a while i dunno maybe even all night sometimes and like the crickets will walk all over the scorp and he will just budge a bit or not move at all unless it really gets him mad then he will move away.
so I'm not sure what that means maybe he just isnt hungry at all.