First time keeping communal scorplings, ehat should i fo?

cayen

Arachnopeon
I am about to buy 7 trisca scorplings and i just want to know how i can prevent them from cannibalism and can i keep them communal for every, or until they become adults?

Also, is giving large envlosures to the scorplings would make them go solidary and become territorial?

ForTW

Arachnobaron
What is a Trisca scorpling? Not even Google knows what's up.

To avoid canninalism, feed them well, observe or raise them solitary.
You will see, If they tend to sit below the same bark or cave without showing agression, you should be good to go.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I am about to buy 7 trisca scorplings and i just want to know how i can prevent them from cannibalism and can i keep them communal for every, or until they become adults?

Also, is giving large envlosures to the scorplings would make them go solidary and become territorial?
darkness975 has answered plain and simple.
And what the hell are trisca scorpions??

Last edited by a moderator:

cayen

Arachnopeon
What is a Trisca scorpling? Not even Google knows what's up.

To avoid canninalism, feed them well, observe or raise them solitary.
You will see, If they tend to sit below the same bark or cave without showing agression, you should be good to go.
darkness975 has answered plain and simple.
And what the hell are trisca scorpions??
Oh my bad i mistyped. Its trica scorpion, not trisca. Could i keep them communal or not?

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Ah, lychas sp.
Well, to be sure i'd raise them to a decent size seperated. Can be kept communal but there is a risk I2 eat each others.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Ah, lychas sp.
Well, to be sure i'd raise them to a decent size seperated. Can be kept communal but there is a risk I2 eat each others.
When people say " they can be raised communally, but there is a risk of being eaten" that's Not communal.
Like saying you can keep feral cats together with tigers, " but there is a risk of some being eaten.

Why, oh Why has everything got to be kept communally in a "Bio " enclosure.

Don't force unatural conditions onto living creatures in captivity, because that's how you want it, or it looks pretty.

cayen

Arachnopeon
When people say " they can be raised communally, but there is a risk of being eaten" that's Not communal.
Like saying you can keep feral cats together with tigers, " but there is a risk of some being eaten.

Why, oh Why has everything got to be kept communally in a "Bio " enclosure.

Don't force unatural conditions onto living creatures in captivity, because that's how you want it, or it looks pretty.
That's why I came here. Did some research and no results regarding if trica scorpions can be kept communally. After looking at the answers here and asking a few more people seems like I'll have to give all 7 of them their own enclosure if i bought them.

Btw I've seen people post pictures of wild scorpions living communally: P. Trans and HH. So is keeping them comunually really a unnatural thing, or does it only apply on species by species. I'm quite confused on this one.?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That's why I came here. Did some research and no results regarding if trica scorpions can be kept communally. After looking at the answers here and asking a few more people seems like I'll have to give all 7 of them their own enclosure if i bought them.

Btw I've seen people post pictures of wild scorpions living communally: P. Trans and HH. So is keeping them comunually really a unnatural thing, or does it only apply on species by species. I'm quite confused on this one.?
They have a lot more room in nature to escape from each other. In a confined space they have nowhere to run.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
I never really saw a lychas sp. leaving it's enclosure to hunt down the scorpion next door or straight up chase down a tank mate but guess i'm wrong and they are highly territorial alpha Scorpions. They need to be switched from bark scorpion to Pit Bull scorpion.

My lychas sp. must be broken.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Oooh its something like betta fishes do. That's a great explanation from you guys. Thank you!
it's pretty simple evolutionary biology. It's why Lion Prides spread out and battle if they cross into each others zones

it's also why we have wars

Last edited: