First time being tagged

Cherri

Arachnopeon
No, I've never been scared of spiders. I was scared of scorpions, so I got an emperor 4 years ago and now I have deathstalkers. I think it just takes time. Never been stung, but I don't think it would deter me at this point. I guess it just takes time. :)

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Haven't been stung by a bee/wasp/hornet of any kind yet Alhamdulillah ;) though that does mean I don't know if I'm allergic or not. Is there any way to know if we are allergic without getting stung?As for Ts, I don't care if people think I'm too wary or something, better safe than sorry lol :p
No, as far as I know, you won't have a reaction your first time getting stung. Your body has to build the histamine. I might be incorrect though.

Source: zoology major

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I'm one of those people who hasn't been stung by a bee before, so if I ever get bit I won't know what to compare it to.

Haven't been stung by a bee/wasp/hornet of any kind yet Alhamdulillah ;) though that does mean I don't know if I'm allergic or not. Is there any way to know if we are allergic without getting stung?As for Ts, I don't care if people think I'm too wary or something, better safe than sorry lol :p
As far as I know you can't become allergic to anything without being exposed to it at least once before.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've never been stung by a bee/wasp/hornet, but I was bitten by a Cheiracanthium sp. that I rolled over on top of in bed and squashed to death. I've never been bitten by the tarantulas in 20 years either.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I was stung IN THE FACE by a bee last month. It was on my face and I batted it away and then it stung me. Ugh. It hurt a bit, I was more bummed that the bee died for that though.
Now yellow jackets? Don't get me started on those horrendous creatures!
The poor Bee died because encountered the most ugly, crude (a la Charles Bronson) obnoxious face ever possible in dat (dat, uh!) little place :pompous:

ih ih ih I'm joking, sweety :) :playful: :kiss: <- 3

MainMann

Arachnosquire
I'm one of those people who hasn't been stung by a bee before, so if I ever get bit I won't know what to compare it to.

As far as I know you can't become allergic to anything without being exposed to it at least once before.
No, as far as I know, you won't have a reaction your first time getting stung. Your body has to build the histamine. I might be incorrect though.

Source: zoology major
Ooo i see i see! Thanks for the clarification my dudes!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Count your blessings. Bees are not all that big a deal (unless you are allergic), now wasps and hornets, that’ll “wake ya up in the mornin’”.
Got a wasp stuck in my hair once, good times

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Am I the only one who doesn't know what a bee sting feels like? :bag:
Bees are cool. I've only been stung by wasps (most recently when a yellow jacket flew up my pants and stung my several times on the thigh).

The initial sting feels like being jabbed with a hot poker. The area becomes inflamed and throbs for a few hours. Then the swelling subsides, and it itches for several days.