First time being tagged

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Been into ts for about 6 years and finally got tagged by an escaped p irminia (my favorite T species). I stupidly cupped my hands around it. I felt a little something like a bee sting and I put it back. Only my feelings were hurt. :dead: I should have had a catch cup, I know. I'm just glad it wasn't hurt. What was your first bite story?

cold blood

Staff member
What was your first bite story?
20 yrs...still waiting for the first close call. My tongs and catch cups dont anticipate me being tagged.

A fast escapee with no catch cup around...you did what you had to do...way to not react to the bite.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I hope to never have one. At times, Ts do unpredictable things like zooming up the paint brush/tongs, but I really try to minimize the chances of a bite. I keep a catch cup at each end of my shelves so that no matter where I am, one of them is within reach.

Last edited:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Am I the only one who doesn't know what a bee sting feels like? :bag:
Count your blessings. Bees are not all that big a deal (unless you are allergic), now wasps and hornets, that’ll “wake ya up in the mornin’”.

basin79

ArachnoGod
"Been into ts for about 6 years and finally got tagged......."

That reads like some sort of weird rite of passage. Like "phew finally got bit".

cold blood

Staff member
I have a friend who claims to have never been stung by a bee....I just cant imagine how this would be possible...now you, too? I told him that wasnt possible...now you...maybe he wasnt lying.....hmmm.

I was stung 3 times this summer alone. How does one never get stung....I mean, ive had them fly into sunglasses and get caught, under sandals as im walking, on something im grabbing, fly down a shirt....random land and sting for no apparent reasin....get too close to a hive im not even aware of....thats a bunch of stings at once....man i could go for pages...lol

I wish i had your luck Lonnie:)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I have a friend who claims to have never been stung by a bee....I just cant imagine how this would be possible...now you, too? I told him that wasnt possible...now you...maybe he wasnt lying.....hmmm.

I was stung 3 times this summer alone. How does one never get stung....I mean, ive had them fly into sunglasses and get caught, under sandals as im walking, on something im grabbing, fly down a shirt....random land and sting for no apparent reasin....get too close to a hive im not even aware of....thats a bunch of stings at once....man i could go for pages...lol

I was stung IN THE FACE by a bee last month. It was on my face and I batted it away and then it stung me. Ugh. It hurt a bit, I was more bummed that the bee died for that though.
Now yellow jackets? Don't get me started on those horrendous creatures!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I was stung IN THE FACE by a bee last month. It was on my face and I batted it away and then it stung me. Ugh. It hurt a bit, I was more bummed that the bee died for that though.
Horrendous creatures? Really? You treat humans.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma

I have never been stung in 32.5 years of life by any bee, wasp, or hornet.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member

Luck has nothing to do with it. You're an outdoorsman and I'm an indoorsman. :D

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Oh,in all my years of running around the great outdoors,in the Western U.S.
Yah,been stung several dozen times.And the ultimate,pain inducing insect,is the Western Yellowjacket.And took a shot to the back of my left ear earlier this summer.
6 years or so, keeping T,s,never been tagged.As @cold blood has pointed out,catch cups,lots of room,and not being distracted,goes a long way.And now that I posted this,I'll get tagged in a couple days.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Yeah I mowed over a yellow jacket nest a few months ago. It felt like matches getting put out on my skin. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. My arm and leg were sore and itchy for a few days which was worse than the initial stings. Ime, those big black wasps are the worst in my neck of the woods anyways.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I've been stung by some of the more painful ants and scorpions here as well as bees, paper wasps and a single hornet. Mostly in my energetic and careless rock/log flipping childhood days, but none are pleastant at all. Not planning on getting tagged by spooders any time soon

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Several years since I got stung now that I think of it. Last time I was taking off my shoes on a grassy riverbank. My wife asked me not to for fear I might step on a bee. I laughed it off, telling her I never stepped on a bee in my life. About 1 - 2 minutes later I stepped on a bee which promptly stung me between the toes. True story.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
Been into ts for about 6 years and finally got tagged by an escaped p irminia (my favorite T species). I stupidly cupped my hands around it. I felt a little something like a bee sting and I put it back. Only my feelings were hurt. :dead: I should have had a catch cup, I know. I'm just glad it wasn't hurt. What was your first bite story?
Were you afraid of spiders before you started keeping? I am just now feeling confident around my tarantulas, I’m afraid being bitten at this point would mess me up. Maybe not 6 yrs down the road, though.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Haven't been stung by a bee/wasp/hornet of any kind yet Alhamdulillah ;) though that does mean I don't know if I'm allergic or not. Is there any way to know if we are allergic without getting stung?As for Ts, I don't care if people think I'm too wary or something, better safe than sorry lol :p