First time baby advice (H. Silenus)

SpydertheScorpion

Arachnopeon
Long story short, went to feed my big female today (H. Silenus) and apparently when I had her and my male together months ago it worked, she's covered in babies... My friend who has raised a few litters of various species told me don't feed her until the babies come off and molt, keep it quiet, don't stress her etc... But any and all advice I can get going forward is appreciated. My main questions are is there anything else I can/can't do while they're on her back, after they molt and I move them to another enclosure how long can they remain together, the basics basically lol TIA for any and all advice

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Long story short, went to feed my big female today (H. Silenus) and apparently when I had her and my male together months ago it worked, she's covered in babies... My friend who has raised a few litters of various species told me don't feed her until the babies come off and molt, keep it quiet, don't stress her etc... But any and all advice I can get going forward is appreciated. My main questions are is there anything else I can/can't do while they're on her back, after they molt and I move them to another enclosure how long can they remain together, the basics basically lol TIA for any and all advice
You can keep them communal well up to a year or more as long as there is plenty of space and everyone is well fed. Every individual gets their share during every feeding. So pile plenty of food. There will be a very, very low incidence of cannibalism. They will grow together just fine. But the key is: FOOD.

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
How are you so sure its H silenus- because if its a petstore ID and a wrong one- not all heterometrus species are as communal as H silenus so I would first be confident with the species before trying a communal

SpydertheScorpion

Arachnopeon
You can keep them communal well up to a year or more as long as there is plenty of space and everyone is well fed. Every individual gets their share during every feeding. So pile plenty of food. There will be a very, very low incidence of cannibalism. They will grow together just fine. But the key is: FOOD.
Thank you and sorry, for the late reply, I have been giving them extra food to hopefully avoid any cannibalism and so far, so good. Even going through their first molts now :)

SpydertheScorpion

Arachnopeon
How are you so sure its H silenus- because if its a petstore ID and a wrong one- not all heterometrus species are as communal as H silenus so I would first be confident with the species before trying a communal
I got their parents and my other H. Silenus id confirmed here early on to satisfy my own curiosity mainly 😅.. The ones I bought were labelled wrong as you said and the ones I was given I had 0 clue what they were even supposed to be besides Heterometrus sp. lol