First tarantula experience

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Today I went to a local pet store that another member suggested to me. They had a decent variety of tarantulas and the girl was very helpful and even let me hold one! I've never held one before and it was a very cool experience.

It was a g. pulchripes juvenile/subadult and it just sat in my hand frightened out of its mind. It was heavier then I thought it would be and the feeling of having all those legs touching the palm of my hand was amazing. It was very cute and made me want one even more!

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Buy the G. pulchripes they are awesome Ts, and as you saw you can handle them very easy. Chaco Golden Knees is a great first T. I have 2 slings cant wait till they are about 2"+

RoseT

Arachnosquire
You bought it right?...IMO G Pulchripes is the best beginner T you can buy period....My Local has 4 of them right now, and they are all as docile and calm. Definitely want it as your first.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You bought it right?...IMO G Pulchripes is the best beginner T you can buy period....My Local has 4 of them right now, and they are all as docile and calm. Definitely want it as your first.
+1

They have 4...wth the only Ts my LSP has is Rose Hairs and Avics....btw you should buy one of the 4.

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
I would have bought it on the spot was it not for my living situation. I'm renting from my parents right now and they absolutely forbid more animals of any kind (my husbands cat is enough for them). So I have to wait until I graduate and move out to be able to get one. Which makes me sad :( but I can wait, these beauties are worth it.

The chaco was a little darling, but the pet store had some brachypelma juveniles too, so maybe by the time I can buy I will go back there and they will be bigger (assuming no one buys them before me, which is unlikely because they were lookers too).

RoseT

Arachnosquire
+1

They have 4...wth the only Ts my LSP has is Rose Hairs and Avics....btw you should buy one of the 4.

Oh I did, they had 5 before I took the Female...For 31.99 too...Tell me thats not a deal..here she is

I also got a 2 inch sling growing fast and healthy....

toastfornat: Thats too bad, hopefully your opportunity will arise soon!.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would have bought it on the spot was it not for my living situation. I'm renting from my parents right now and they absolutely forbid more animals of any kind (my husbands cat is enough for them). So I have to wait until I graduate and move out to be able to get one. Which makes me sad :( but I can wait, these beauties are worth it.

The chaco was a little darling, but the pet store had some brachypelma juveniles too, so maybe by the time I can buy I will go back there and they will be bigger (assuming no one buys them before me, which is unlikely because they were lookers too).
Thats messed up...your own parents wont let you have more then a cat.....They should be ashamed of themselves..(sorry to speak about your parents like that, but come on). You would think that sense they are renting to their daughter they wouldn't really care as long as the place you are renting doesn't get damaged. And what is a T going to hurt.....Not a Dang thing........

@RoseT. Luck yis i found a female G.Pulchripes for $32 i would buy it so fast. Your 2" looks awesome now i know what mine will look like at that size :D

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Thats messed up...your own parents wont let you have more then a cat.....They should be ashamed of themselves..(sorry to speak about your parents like that, but come on). You would think that sense they are renting to their daughter they wouldn't really care as long as the place you are renting doesn't get damaged. And what is a T going to hurt.....Not a Dang thing........
Believe me, I've explained and bargained and pleaded but there's just no getting to them. No. More. Pets. My mom keeps a very clean house and thinks that any additional living creatures will create more mess. I've told them that a T is like having a pet rock, no messes, but they just wont listen. Oh well...:eek:

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
Your experience is exactly like mine, to a T. Pun intended. :)

I went to the LPS, saw a girl holding a spider, handled said spider, fell in love with it; I ended up going home and doing massive research on it for three or four hours, then went back and bought it. It was a Chaco.

That was six months ago. Now I have 28 T's. :)

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Your experience is exactly like mine, to a T. Pun intended. :)

I went to the LPS, saw a girl holding a spider, handled said spider, fell in love with it; I ended up going home and doing massive research on it for three or four hours, then went back and bought it. It was a Chaco.

That was six months ago. Now I have 28 T's. :)
Holy crap monkeys that's a lot of T's! I guess they really are like chips.