First Tarantula Concerns

cold blood

Staff member
UPDATE:
So my last comment on this thread was vague, so to sum it up I mean that I can't get a space heater because after looking into them some more, they'll really add to the utility bill. I know people usually keep their heaters on 24/7, and I just can't afford to do that. If I only had to keep it on for a little while every few hours, it would be fine, but it just isn't realistic for me to have it running all day.
Not sure if you missed this, but I gave you a easy and cheap alternative that will not effect your bills one bit.

"Op, there is a cheaper alternative to a space heater, and considering you are only going to have one, a heat bath is another option. Fill a tub with water, place a stable platform in it, add an inexpensive aquarium heater and you're god to go. These heaters are both economical as well as great at holding temps, and because its water being heated, you don't have to worry about hot spots, dehydration or fluctuating temps...easy and cheap...I used this method for a few years when I had a small enough collection. Its as simple as adding water as it evaporated as the heater needs to remain submerged."

Tiger181

Arachnopeon
Not sure if you missed this, but I gave you a easy and cheap alternative that will not effect your bills one bit.

"Op, there is a cheaper alternative to a space heater, and considering you are only going to have one, a heat bath is another option. Fill a tub with water, place a stable platform in it, add an inexpensive aquarium heater and you're god to go. These heaters are both economical as well as great at holding temps, and because its water being heated, you don't have to worry about hot spots, dehydration or fluctuating temps...easy and cheap...I used this method for a few years when I had a small enough collection. Its as simple as adding water as it evaporated as the heater needs to remain submerged."

That looks awesome! I think I'll go with a space heater, but I won't run it 24/7.