First T was a NW, followed by OW's...only months later

Kwikvette

Arachnopeon
So thought I'd finally join and post my "I'm new here" thread.

I'm only a few months into ownership and have 3 T's in my possession.

Full disclosure, I read a lot of various threads on this forum (since there's a lot of misinformation elsewhere) which ultimately lead me to getting a Lasiodora Parahybana -

These pics are from around the time when I got her (few months ago) and since I've removed some of the moss and only keep a little in the corner I moisten up once a week. I'm assuming it's a female based on its body structure, but I'll see once it finally molts. It's about 5" across and I got her from 'East Bay Vivarium' (reputable shop)

20200301_203133.jpg

20200401_181924.jpg

Aside from catching an occasional GIF during feeding, I leave my T's alone as to not stress them.

Well, only 2 months later was I introduced to this little gem, Pterinochilus murinus. In the month that I've had it, it's taken well to its enclosure, feeding well, and has already gone through a molt as shown here -

20200327_172934.jpg

20200406_203308.jpg

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
So thought I'd finally join and post my "I'm new here" thread.

I'm only a few months into ownership and have 3 T's in my possession.

Full disclosure, I read a lot of various threads on this forum (since there's a lot of misinformation elsewhere) which ultimately lead me to getting a Lasiodora Parahybana -

These pics are from around the time when I got her (few months ago) and since I've removed some of the moss and only keep a little in the corner I moisten up once a week. I'm assuming it's a female based on its body structure, but I'll see once it finally molts. It's about 5" across and I got her from 'East Bay Vivarium' (reputable shop)

View attachment 339524

View attachment 339523

Aside from catching an occasional GIF during feeding, I leave my T's alone as to not stress them.
Welcome!
Im right there with you,I started last October and I'm up to 9 now.😂

Kwikvette

Arachnopeon
Last but not least, my Monocentropus Balfouri which was a gift to me from a member on another forum. I became really fascinated by the fact that they thrive in a communal setup. Too soon for me to venture that route. Here you can see day 1, and day 4, how well it's taking to its enclosure and feeding well -

20200404_000220.jpg

20200406_222202.jpg

Kwikvette

Arachnopeon
Beautiful spiders!

They really do add up fast. I'm just over a year in and have 20+.
Thank you!

The one I was looking forward to having in my collection most was my M. Balfouri, can't wait until it matures into its bright, beautiful blue legs.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Thank you!

The one I was looking forward to having in my collection most was my M. Balfouri, can't wait until it matures into its bright, beautiful blue legs.
They're definitely my favorite baboon even know I don't have any ;)

I tried shopping for some last week to start a communal (and remedy my quarantine boredom a bit) but every reputable dealer was out. I actually just had an I. mira arrive today though which is also a pretty cool baboon.

(Got a P. met and a P. sp tigris too. Good spoder day for me!)

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I just got my first two and I already made up a cart with my "dream species" (most of them) Some are not in the shop. I see them like...the blue foot baboon and the blue legged baboon...and I want both. This is my second week XD it is so addictive and their easy care makes it pretty easy to care for a bunch.

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Welcome! I'm new as well and have 7 slings and one juvenile. I'm only going to keep 10 at a time, so I don't overwhelm myself, but anyway. In about 10 years, I'm thinking I might get an M. balfouri communal, but I'm not sure if I'll be ready by then. But who knows lol. Which ones do you think you'll get next? Any interest in Barchypelma spp?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Especially when they're small enough to fit in a deli cup lol. I can see how someone can go from 1 to 50 in a few months.
Yuupppppp, I made another order to have some new one in. xD I also have a number of mini plant terrariums.

I eventually would love to have a communal but that is probably an end goal.

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
I eventually would love to have a communal but that is probably an end goal.
Yeah that would be an end goal for me as well. My current ultimate tarantula is a T. strimi. But I'm becoming increasingly interested in H. maculatas, so maybe that will be the ultimate lol.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Yeah that would be an end goal for me as well. My current ultimate tarantula is a T. strimi. But I'm becoming increasingly interested in H. maculatas, so maybe that will be the ultimate lol.
I actually ordered one of those. My fav Tarantula Youtuber had videos with a m.balfouri communal an it was quite adorable. A pokey communal would be cute too. I do not htink I am quite ready for that since you do not have to just know where THE spider is...there are spiders hiding everywhere xD.

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
I actually ordered one of those. My fav Tarantula Youtuber had videos with a m.balfouri communal an it was quite adorable. A pokey communal would be cute too. I do not htink I am quite ready for that since you do not have to just know where THE spider is...there are spiders hiding everywhere xD.
Yeah no kidding. I was following Tom Moran's P. metallica communal experiment, and all I could think was "there's got to be one you missed!" I'd have a heart attack if I tried one of those anytime soon lol.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
.the blue foot baboon
Just to let you know (if you don't already) I. mira/blue foot baboon is a true trap door species. I have one and you rarely see more than those blue feet and even then it's only for a second at best when you feed them. IMO the biggest pet hole T there is.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Just to let you know (if you don't already) I. mira/blue foot baboon is a true trap door species. I have one and you rarely see more than those blue feet and even then it's only for a second at best when you feed them. IMO the biggest pet hole T there is.
I am aware. I have set up a fossorial enclosure. For me it is not just about the display but their own unique behaviours and those rare glimpses you get to see of something that is so rare. I do hope it makes at least part of the tunnel visible against the side of the enclosure you I can peek in. My OBT sling is currently living like a fossorial with a big tunnel that I can mostly see into. It is pretty amazing.