First T - New River Rust Rump

mozzalong

Arachnopeon
I'm super excited to get my first T next week. She's a confirmed female adult and honestly she's stunning. How often should you feed adults of the same or similar type? I've seen different info so thought it best to ask here instead.

I'll post photos when I get her!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Hopefully not a complete dump question... but what's a 'New River Rust Rump'? :embarrassed: Sorry, I'm horrible with common names. :p

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
No idea what that common name is, but if that's an A. chalcodes, then a couple crickets per month is plenty.

Great choice for a beginner T, by the way. This is my personal #1 recommendation for beginners. A huge tip is to have the enclosure set up and ready before she arrives. We look forward to the pictures of your spider, but in preparation, how about you post pictures of the setup?

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a few of these beautiful Ts. After a rare molt, I feed one lateralis/red runner every two weeks or so for about two months...after that, one per month or two depending on how big the abdomen is.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm super excited to get my first T next week. She's a confirmed female adult and honestly she's stunning. How often should you feed adults of the same or similar type? I've seen different info so thought it best to ask here instead.
I feed my adults with slow metabolisms about once a month, usually a juvenile or mature dubia roach. (It's all too easy to make them fat, and once they get fat, it's hard to slim them down to a healthier size.)