first T, got a few question

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey guys, been a while since i been on here. last time i was here i had an eggcase that came in bananas, lol. Ah, good times.

Anyways, well i bought my first Rose, and i had a few questions. I checked out caresheets, but they're pretty limited, plus i cant ask a caresheet a question.

ok, fisrt question, i've had her for about 4 days now. Shes shed twice, and has a leg span of about this <-------->. Shes shed twice since she was born, that i know of. But she has yet to produce any silk. She hasn;t silked anything. Also, how often should i offer her food. i know better then to throw em in there, and just let them sit there, till she eats them. Shes only eaten 1 cricket since i got her. I just wanna make sure i dont screw up. ny tips?

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One more thing, cuz i know ppl are gonna say it, yes, i did read the sticky posted by Bjorgly about resea care, but i still got questions.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welcome back.

Alright, first off, some of them won't silk anything up, except for the strands on the substrate during the occasional forays around the cage at night.

other ones will silk up like anything :) every T is different, ya know.

i'd offer food every couple days. but just make sure you dont leave live prey in there...

rosea's are infamous for not eating... (among some other species)

but don't worry - you'll get used to throwing some food in, checking it later and then taking it out uneaten ;)

the sticky should answer most of the questions though.....

use the SEARCH button on the top of the webpage to find some more info on the species.

also, if you find your T on its back, its not dead. its just molting.

good luck.
peace.