First T death

MGery92

Arachnosquire
One of my N. incei sling has passed away today. This is the first T, that died in my care. :(

I received it in a very bad shape a month ago. All of the legs were broken and the left pedipalp was torn off. I really don't know what happened to it during its trip. You can see it on the pictures below. I put him into an ICU just for one day.

N. incei #3_arrive1.jpg N. incei #3_arrive2.jpg

I fed it pre-killed roaches. I put them into its mouth, because it could only slide. It looked "happy" and plump on Sunday. So, there was hope for its recovery.

N. incei #3_20170521 1.jpg N. incei #3_20170521 2.jpg

Today, I just found out there is no reaction at all. I can turn it over and back, nothing will happen.

N. incei #3_dead1.jpg N. incei #3_dead2.jpg

Well, I don't know what to say. What do you guys think, what caused the death of this little spider? :arghh:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Poor bloody sod.

Is it definitely not in premoult/about to moult?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Looks like it may have molted in transit when you originally bought it. My guess anyways, definitely had a bad molt previously.

MGery92

Arachnosquire
Poor bloody sod.

Is it definitely not in premoult/about to moult?
No, I'm sure it is not. It didn't make any moves yesterday, so I gave it one more day. Nothing happened, so I assume it is dead.

AshS

Arachnosquire
That sucks man, sorry for your loss.
If he was that damaged externaly from his trip, Maybe he had some internal damage aswell. Just a theory.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
def looks like it molted during the trip and didnt have room to stretch afterwards. :(

MGery92

Arachnosquire
That sucks man, sorry for your loss.
If he was that damaged externaly from his trip, Maybe he had some internal damage aswell. Just a theory.
Maybe. But it ate 6 pre-killed ant sized roaches during my care, and it tried to web just like an average N. incei. Both of its fangs were unharmed.

def looks like it molted during the trip and didnt have room to stretch afterwards. :(
Yes, I agree with it.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
It looks like it got melted... thats the worst ive ever seen. But i concur. It either molted in transit (which youd be aware of, thered be an exuviae in there with it) or it molted shortly before shipping and they either didnt notice or didnt care and shipped it while it was still soft.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm sorry the little guy didn't make it. It does sound like you provided him everything you could to assist. So sorry he wasn't able to moult successfully and recover from previous bad moult; but at least you gave him a fighting chance. :(

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
I'm so sorry for your loss.And from what you describe I'm sure you did all that was humanly possible and gave it a chance at life.sometimes nature's just cruel. be strong my man...:(:(

MGery92

Arachnosquire
I'm so sorry for your loss.And from what you describe I'm sure you did all that was humanly possible and gave it a chance at life.sometimes nature's just cruel. be strong my man...:(:(
Thank you! It is really strange, but one of my other two N. incei slings molted today... It is good to see the others are doing well.